Mission tires

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I am new to rv world but have hauled a lot of heavy fifth wheels around the USA. The most important thing is keeping your air pressure up at all times. If the tires get hot from running underpressure a blowout is just waiting to happen.
I have Mission tires on my Cyclone 3912 but will replace them with 10 ply Kumo tires. These are a little expensive but darn near indestructible

trvlrerik, Erik Clark
wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 6 cats
09 Cyclone 3912, 08 Ford f350 srw 6.4 powerstroke

I have had bad luck with Kumho's and will stick with the stock Missions for now. I check pressures daily on the road and have over 2000mi on the factory Mission's, all is well so far.

Loco

We have Mission on our Cyclone with over 11000 miles on them. Also my rig is 3 years old and has 15 inch wheels . But I run 72 PSI COLD in ours that helps a lot. Max PSI is 65 on the tire But I talked to manufacture and they said I can go up 10 Psi and be safe. I has worked so far.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We have Mission on our Cyclone with over 11000 miles on them. Also my rig is 3 years old and has 15 inch wheels . But I run 72 PSI COLD in ours that helps a lot. Max PSI is 65 on the tire But I talked to manufacture and they said I can go up 10 Psi and be safe. I has worked so far.

I'm afraid to put over 65 psi on the Missions because my factory alloy wheels are stamped "60 psi Max."

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I you have a tire pressure monitoring system you would see if you start at 60 psi as they heat up they increase and may get as high as 75 psi when hot. FYI

char

After reading about the concerns about the, mission, tires, i see that they are made by, goodyear. Yes in china. I also had concerns about this tire on 2009 big horn-3055rl (2nd owner). Seems as though everybody has their own opinions. Keep the tire pressure regulated as instructed & hopefully no problems. Also weight & speed. The previous owner told me they have about 8ooo miles on unit/no problem. If you check out rv.net, there seems to be no positives on mission tires. Hoping everyone has good luck w/mission. ??? Why does heartland use these tires ?? Did goodyear quit making them, if yes why? Or did they just change the name?? Jim, you should have the answer to these???S.
Thanks again. Iam leaving flordia for pa. On sat.28thmar. Hope to have a problem free trip. Take care!!

jbeletti

char,

I am not an expert in any area of RVs - more of a generalist in my role of running the owners forum and owners club. But I will attempt to address your questions.

Q. Why do we use Mission tires?

A. Because there is no single tire manufacturer that can supply a single brand of U.S. manufactured RV tires in the sizes and load ranges to feed the consumer appetite for RVs across all RV manufacturers. RV manufacturers uses tire/wheel distributors that have access to a wide variety of brands across the sizes and load ranges needed.

That said, upon placing a factory order for your Heartland RV, for some brands, there are Tire Upgrade options. And even then, some people don't like the Goodyear tire we offer as an option.

Q. Does Goodyear make Mission tires? Or did they ever?
A. I do not know.

Best of luck on your trip and happy camping!

Jim

ct0218

After reading about the concerns about the, mission, tires, i see that they are made by, goodyear. Yes in china. I also had concerns about this tire on 2009 big horn-3055rl (2nd owner). Seems as though everybody has their own opinions. Keep the tire pressure regulated as instructed & hopefully no problems. Also weight & speed. The previous owner told me they have about 8ooo miles on unit/no problem. If you check out rv.net, there seems to be no positives on mission tires. Hoping everyone has good luck w/mission. ??? Why does heartland use these tires ?? Did goodyear quit making them, if yes why? Or did they just change the name?? Jim, you should have the answer to these???S.
Thanks again. Iam leaving flordia for pa. On sat.28thmar. Hope to have a problem free trip. Take care!!

Where did you find that Goodyear made Mission tires? I have done a lot of research and nowhere did I come across that. Goodyear makes their Marathon ST line, in China now and no longer in Canada, but I have never seen a connection between Goodyear and Mission tires.

Last edited:

timk

If your thinking Goodyear is the answer to all your problems. I discovered that the lower cost Goodyear tires are also made in,........ drum roll....... China.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hi everyone - our 08 Big Country came with the Missions 16" e range tires when we picked it up in Feb 07. We immediately took the trailer to our local tire dealer and had nitrogen put in replacing the standard air. I know there is alot of controversy over nitrogen but we have put over 7500M on the rig including several trips to florida without any problems. This is our second rig that we have run nitrogen in with no problems. We do yearly tire maintenance including balancing at the start of each camping season. In May we are planning a trip out west for approximately 4K. I know we are pushing the 3 year mark with the tires but our tire dealer says the tires look great. Keep your fingers cross!!!

Duramax1

Re: Tire problems

I hope that I do not jinx myself with this post, but I am now into my third season with 16" E Mission tires on my Sundance and have put on about 16,000 miles.

I do check them very closely on a frequent basis for bulges etc, keep 80 lbs cold pressure in them and I do not travel over 65 MPH.

I still have lots of tread on them but will probably replace them in another year or so as a lot of the mileage on them has been in the hot desert which apparently is very hard on the casings and is not visible to the eyes.

I have had 4 Mission tires have complete tread seperation (this happened over 4 seperate occassions but all four tires were part of the same set) and they were running 65 lbs psi and they were not running hot. Everytime I stop, the tires get checked for heat. I have switched to Goodyear marathons only so I can have a point of complaint.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

I have had 4 Mission tires have complete tread seperation (this happened over 4 seperate occassions but all four tires were part of the same set) and they were running 65 lbs psi and they were not running hot. Everytime I stop, the tires get checked for heat. I have switched to Goodyear marathons only so I can have a point of complaint.
Rightangle, Mission tires were and still are the topic of many discussions of tire failure. Good move to get the Marathons even though they are also probably made in China. Hopefully to Goodyear's specs.
By the way, welcome to the Heartland Forum. Are you a Heartland Owner? Not that it matters, just curious.

I have a 2010 3055 that we have owned less than three years. Might have approx 4,000 miles at best. Anyway we had a tire explode and ruined the metal skirting and destroyed the fender covering. The tire was completly gone and the aluminum wheel is messed up from driving on pavement. After installing the spare tire and checking other tires, I was ready to crap my pants after I saw the three remaining tires ready to come apart. The tread is seperating and lucky we only had less than 20 miles to our destination. I assume there is some sort of warranty on the tires and dont know where to go for damages and replacement!!!!!

danemayer

I have a 2010 3055 that we have owned less than three years. ... I assume there is some sort of warranty on the tires and dont know where to go for damages and replacement!!!!!

The tires would likely be warranted by either the tire distributor or manufacturer. Your coach may have a label inside one of the cabinets with a list of numbers to call for warranty service. If not, you can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your vin# ready. They should be able to tell you who warrants the tires.

The damage to your skirting and fender might be covered by the comprehensive coverage on your RV insurance policy.

Hold onto the tires, or remnants of the blown tire.

jimtoo

I have a 2010 3055 that we have owned less than three years. Might have approx 4,000 miles at best. Anyway we had a tire explode and ruined the metal skirting and destroyed the fender covering. The tire was completly gone and the aluminum wheel is messed up from driving on pavement. After installing the spare tire and checking other tires, I was ready to crap my pants after I saw the three remaining tires ready to come apart. The tread is seperating and lucky we only had less than 20 miles to our destination. I assume there is some sort of warranty on the tires and dont know where to go for damages and replacement!!!!!

Hi despradoteam,

Try calling Tredit Tire, (800) 537-2925. They are the distributors for Mission Tires. They were nice to deal with when I had a problem. Be nice to them and they will probably be nice to you. You will need pictures and the old tire or tires, and estimates for the repairs. And it's not an overnight procedure.

Jim M