Cyclone 4150 TV Mount Living Room

Randor

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to dismount the TV in the living room. I have the others in the garage and bedroom figured out, but the one in the living room has me perplexed. Want to replace the TV, but can't figure out how to release mechanism works to get it off the wall.

There are no chains, screws or releases I can see or feel.

Any help is appreciated.

DocFather

On the Cyclones, there are usually 2 bolts accessible from below the TV. On the 4100 they are accessible from the Fireplace compartment and through the 2 holes in the narrow countertop. I hope that helps ya

Randor

On the Cyclones, there are usually 2 bolts accessible from below the TV. On the 4100 they are accessible from the Fireplace compartment and through the 2 holes in the narrow countertop. I hope that helps ya

This one is wall mounted on a bracket - just can't figure out how to release the mounting bracket. Nothing goes through the counter top above the fireplace. But I looked when I read your post - I was hopeful.... :-(

danemayer

On some rigs, there is a screw that's accessed from below, along the back. The screw traps the bracket that's on the TV against the part that's on the wall. There's also usually a strip of wood above the TV that has to be removed. Loosening the setscrew allows you to pull the bottom of the TV a little away from the mounting bracket. If the wood strip at top has been removed, with the bottom pulled away, you can lift the TV off its mount.

Here's a link to a bracket manual that may clear things up - if this is the type you have. The illustrations on page 6 will make it clearer.

DocFather

On some rigs, there is a screw that's accessed from below, along the back. The screw traps the bracket that's on the TV against the part that's on the wall. There's also usually a strip of wood above the TV that has to be removed. Loosening the setscrew allows you to pull the bottom of the TV a little away from the mounting bracket. If the wood strip at top has been removed, with the bottom pulled away, you can lift the TV off its mount.

Here's a link to a bracket manual that may clear things up - if this is the type you have. The illustrations on page 6 will make it clearer.

The bracket in Dan's link, Figures 4-1, 4-2 and 5 is how mine is secured. However, the TV is only an inch above the shelf (counter-top). They supplied 2 holes that I have to access from below in order to loosen the 2 bolts/screws. Hopefully you will have enough room to access what you need to loosen.

Randor

OK - great!! That is the mounting system I have. I think there is room under the TV for me to get my hand up in there with a screw driver to loosen the screws. I never would have found them - I appreciate the help!!!

Randor

OK - have to say, the mounting system for the 50" TV less than user friendly. The mount is attached to a piece of plywood that is actually mounted to the wall. The plywood is covered with cloth to hide it.

2015-04-21 19.41.09.jpg

To locking screws are located in the middle and accessed from the bottom. As you can see below, there is not enough room to get an arm with a screw driver under and up behind the TV. So I had to take the mounting board off to get enough room to access the locking screws.

2015-04-21 19.40.57.jpg

2015-04-21 19.40.43.jpg

Unfortunately, one of the screws was cranked on so tight the Phillips head stripped out. Now the task is to get a stripped screw out with the limited tools I have available - or buy a tap. All of this to mount a TV with a better picture and access the connections on the back.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The screw might look like a phillips...but is most likely a #2 square bit. Most every screw in your coach is a #2 square bit. Get the bit and see if the screw will come out.

Randor

Could you just buy another mount and leave the old TV and mount on the board?

I probably could get a new board and new mount and have the board covered with something. I finally got the 2 cent screw out after more money than I will admit for new tools to reach it and tap it out.

Randor

The screw might look like a phillips...but is most likely a #2 square bit. Most every screw in your coach is a #2 square bit. Get the bit and see if the screw will come out.

It is actually a phillips. I got the other one out with no problem - this one was just torqued in way too tight. In fact, as I was trying to tap it out it broke the tap - had to buy another one. It was really on there excessively.