New Cyclone - Problems at Walk Through

Doors; drawers, cabinet frames, trim, fit and finish.....it's all JUNK! We picked up our brand new 2015 Cyclone 3800 last Saturday and on the walk through, we found so many issues with the fit and finish it's an absolute embarrassment. There is so much MDF and fake wood grain paper de-laminating on this thing it's not funny. The dealer has ordered a couple of new cabinet face frames and a bunch of other replacement parts to basically "rebuild" the thing. This is by far, the worst constructed RV we have ever owned and I thought Dutchmen built a poor quality product until we brought this Cyclone home.

danemayer

Hi toolguy1964,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sorry there were problems at your walk through. Dealers usually do an inspection and correct any deficiencies before the walk through, but it sounds like that didn't happen.

As this is a 2015, and 2016s have been shipping for a while, I'm also wondering if your trailer "suffered" while on the dealer lot.

Regardless, it's disappointing that you had to take delivery of a trailer that wasn't ready for you.

Btw, I've moved the post to its own thread in the Cyclone forum and gave it its own title.

SilverRhino

"Dealers usually do an inspection and correct any deficiencies before the walk through" just how far should this go? I can understand making some adjustments and tightening any loose fittings.....But this sounds more like very poor QC on the part of the factory. JMHO

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
"Dealers usually do an inspection and correct any deficiencies before the walk through" just how far should this go? I can understand making some adjustments and tightening any loose fittings.....But this sounds more like very poor QC on the part of the factory. JMHO

A unit that's probably a year old may have not been maintained on the dealers lot. If it had any water leaks, that might explain warping and cracking of wood/veneer.

I'm just curious, why did you take delivery if the unit had so many issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

We can speculate about whether the problems originated at the factory or while in the dealer's possession, without ever reaching a conclusion. There's no way of knowing.

The one thing that we can all agree on is that it shouldn't have been turned over to the buyer in poor condition.

jam20ster

Sorry to hear the bad news. Like someone said earlier hope you didnt sign off on paperwork. We just took ownership of a 2016 Cyclone 4200 and other than some very minor problems (sticker on outside had a small tear) our unit looked very well built. Now only time will tell, but my first impressions have been positive.

Last edited:
We went from 4100 king to 3990 Voltage. I did not do a thorough PDI. The unit had numerous issues that dealership could not repair or would not. I traded on voltage and did a thorough PDI but still had minor issues! I have come to the conclusion TH are not built to the standards of my parents Newmar Coach. Maybe one day when I can retire I too can get a Newmar, but until then I will make the best of the toy hauler world.

Wyndryder

I can relate to all the posts on here. I had 9 am appt. to sign paperwork and p/u 2015 Cyclone 3100 TH. Not only was my unit not cleaned inside or out and had been there for a week b4 I was suppose to come get it, but when I did my walk through and they wanted me to sign off I refused. I finally said I'm done and left at 3:30 that afternoon. There were so many things messed up, broken or missing that I was extremely discouraged. After getting back to my town, I took it to the local Camping World by me and asked them to do all the warranty work, which they did and were very helpful.
Now my new issue 1 yr. later...Last road trip I had 2 tires blow within 1 mile of each other. Bought Tire replacement(WHAT A JOKE AND RIP OFF) dealer said if anything ever happened that I would be reimbursed for my tires.....welllll, not really, it has to be a road hazard that causes the blow out. ALL 4 of my tires that came from factory are defective - they seperated, so while driving they shredded of course damaged the camper too!
What do I have to do to get these factory tires replaced by maufacturer due to being defective?

danemayer

What do I have to do to get these factory tires replaced by maufacturer due to being defective?
Wyndryder,

Just as with cars and trucks, the tires are warranted by the tire manufacturer or distributor. If you still have the tires, you may be able to get some reimbursement. The Towmax documents located here will tell you how to submit a claim. So far as I know, only one tire company reimburses damage to the trailer, and that is Goodyear, and only on select tires like the G614 and G114.

OEFVET

Do yourself a favor. Spend the money on Goodyear G114's. It will require you to change your rims to 17.5 but trust me you will have piece of mind and not look back. Just my opinion.