Project LM 365

CarterKraft

It's under details

40 lb (10 gallon) Sku 1222TC.2 Manchester Propane Cylinder with Gauge and OPD Valve (Overfill Protection Device). DOT Certified, Vertical, Portable, Steel Tank.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm late to the party but this might help with the tank identification.

CarterKraft

All your mods are awesome by the way.

On the LED dimmer vs. incandescent the LED version is a PWM style. This means the actual peak to peak voltage will be 12ish volts but the duty cycle (amperage) will vary from 100% to OFF giving you full dimming of the lights. The other dimmer is probably rheostat based and varies the voltage and subsequently amperage. Not sure how that is working on the LED bulbs for you though.
Either way that's a great mod.

Some further reading can be found here.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

All your mods are awesome by the way.

On the LED dimmer vs. incandescent the LED version is a PWM style. This means the actual peak to peak voltage will be 12ish volts but the duty cycle (amperage) will vary from 100% to OFF giving you full dimming of the lights. The other dimmer is probably rheostat based and varies the voltage and subsequently amperage. Not sure how that is working on the LED bulbs for you though.
Either way that's a great mod.

Some further reading can be found here.
Thanks for the compliments
I've been having a lot of fun doing most of them. And enjoy sharing them with all of you.
Also thanks for that info. The new LED dimmer should be at home when we get back.
As for this one it's giving me from around 25% dim to 90% bright so the LED one will work a lot better.
Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CarterKraft

Since you peaked my curiosity so much with the LED dimmer (my bedroom has surgical brightness) I emailed JR products to get a schematic for the 15225 dimmer. I'll share it with you if they send one.

edit:This is from the inside sales rep at JR.

RED WIRE - POWER
WHITE WIRE - TO THE LIGHT
BLACK WIRE - TO GROUND (NEGATIVE BATTERY)

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Oh good thanks
I've looked all over trying to find something and had no luck. So when I see the box Friday I'll have it figured out. And share it with you guy's

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Added weight
I weighed the rig on the way home from the dealer. This is with the gen already installed.
46a5a9d0e3ce5731c4ea5cabdd7a57ef.jpg

I already had a weight on my GMC 3500 DRW
e8667b95d05ac94cdbcd3663ce8edfd6.jpg

The first trip out just had some of the thing we needed and some of the Mods done
6fc37a55755560677c31718a1c47dfc3.jpg

Now this is loaded up all of the new pots and pans, decorations, all of my Mods so far, food, clothes, 90 gallons of fresh water, a few hundred pounds of firewood, and our 4.5 pound Yorki
2a65958256185acc6de8fa1ece557e2d.jpg

You can see I have a 4500lbs pin weight
I have 2-9000lbs axels = 18000lbs there and I'm only 14660lbs.... Good there
I have H rated tire's, rated at 4805lbs each = 19220lbs on the tires .... Good there
I'm glad they did it right.. My KZ was maxed out on everything.
The Duramax with that Allison transmission rips it up the mountains with ease

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Since you peaked my curiosity so much with the LED dimmer (my bedroom has surgical brightness) I emailed JR products to get a schematic for the 15225 dimmer. I'll share it with you if they send one.

edit:This is from the inside sales rep at JR.

RED WIRE - POWER
WHITE WIRE - TO THE LIGHT
BLACK WIRE - TO GROUND (NEGATIVE BATTERY)
Well that might be a problem to get a good ground on that slidout it might be enough though.

CarterKraft

Well that might be a problem to get a good ground on that slidout it might be enough though.

If the two wires are already ran through the switch opening it should be pretty easy to wire in. I would just use the ground for the light. This is probably allot more difficult trying to do this when its not in front of you.

led dimmer.jpg

Bryced15

Am I seeing/calculating that your trailer is weighing in at 19,200 lbs? That's one heavy rig! I took your loaded gross of 27,640 subtract your truck gross of 8440 = 19,200

Bryced15

We are right at 17,940lbs total trailer weight living full time, BUT that is with empty tanks and NO firewood as you described yours.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Already had to repair my new set of step's
The top pin worked it way out and failed. Ran to Ace hardware here in lake Tahoe and picked up a carriage bolt with a locknut. These steps are really flimsy especially the last step, I have been putting blocks of wood under it to support it. Think it time to do something different.

8a657ee0faffdf8be5ee282d1e6bf2d9.jpg
a2d0e6dbec7566b5d19f3bb62453a245.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

It was 14661lbs from the factory they claim
If have it at 15760lbs with Generator installed the day I picked it up.
ef3a3828e582a96e46989ded44108f08.jpg

Bryced15

Ours weighed in at 15,011 from factory with no generator. This was before Mor/Ryde IS was installed also. Figure that added at least 500 lbs.

I got a recall letter a while back about the pins on the steps failing. Hadn't had anything done about it yet though.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If the two wires are already ran through the switch opening it should be pretty easy to wire in. I would just use the ground for the light. This is probably allot more difficult trying to do this when its not in front of you.

View attachment 40056
I was looking at your wire diagram, and the 2 wire at the switch are just the + positive wire to the light with a switch in the middle of it. I'll dig around in the wall and see it I can find more wires.