LM 365 Arlington floorplan

jbeletti

As a follow-up to Andy's post, below is an image Andy sent me to post. I've annotated it a bit. Also below are the changes he's made to it since it was debuted at the Dealer Open House in Elkhart in late September.

1. Kitchen Slide: 7-drawer full pantry with 1 raised panel door

2. Desk: Omit middle open shelf on overhead cabinet, add power outlet (for printer, etc.)

3. Desk: Make knee space larger (take space from drawers on right),

4. Desk: Make desktop solid surface to match kitchen countertops

5. Wall: Raise window to left of desk by 6" to 8’’

Arlington.jpg

randolu

All of those sound like positive changes. I was just thinking they either needed to open up the knee space or flip the lower cabinets and knee space. I know the way it was set up I would not want to work here.....note enough "elbow" room to the left side.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
As a follow-up to Andy's post, below is an image Andy sent me to post. I've annotated it a bit. Also below are the changes he's made to it since it was debuted at the Dealer Open House in Elkhart in late September.

1. Kitchen Slide: 7-drawer full pantry with 1 raised panel door

2. Desk: Omit middle open shelf on overhead cabinet, add power outlet (for printer, etc.)

3. Desk: Make knee space larger (take space from drawers on right),

4. Desk: Make desktop solid surface to match kitchen countertops

5. Wall: Raise window to left of desk by 6" to 8’’

View attachment 41060

Great changes! Thanks Andy, and Jim for posting! Liking this more and more.

Teri_B

It would be nice to have the kitchen sink shifted towards the living room to create a larger working surface like they are doing in the new Orlando. It would give you a great spot to set your groceries when you come in and make it convenient for putting them in the fridge or pulling things out of the fridge.

Teri_B

We love the Arlington floorpan but are wondering if a hutch similar to the one that is in the Key West could be put in place of the desk?

TravelTiger

Looking good, but I guess I am just an old low tech geezer who still files papers. It would be perfect for me if a file drawer would replace the two bottom drawers.

I agree, wish it had a true file drawer.

Not crazy about the tv, I'd delete that, but otherwise, looking real good!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

I've moved to nearly 100% electronic files using Evernote - currently have about 15,000 documents and files in Evernote. But there are some paper documents that need to be kept - titles and deeds for example. And I usually have a working set of documents that are temporarily kept on paper.

During 15 months of full-timing while between houses, I used improvised file boxes. But I would have preferred having a nice file cabinet. For full-timing, it would also be nice to have a pull-out tray for a printer and a nice scanner like my Fujitsu Scansnap.

Mburtsvt

I agree, wish it had a true file drawer.

Not crazy about the tv, I'd delete that, but otherwise, looking real good!!!!!

I agree on the TV. I hope it’s an “option delete” or an add on. I ordered a Madison in Oct. I could not delete the 3rd TV in the kitchen area. So help me if it’s a Furrion we will see if TV’s can fly.

Chippendale

In post #21, the list of changes states; "2. Desk: Omit middle open shelf on overhead cabinet, add power outlet (for printer, etc.)". So it looks to me that the TV is just stuck in there and you can use it for what ever you want. If I were marketing it, I would show a printer instead of a TV in the picture. My guess is there is of course the main TV, a bed room TV, and an outside TV. So a 4th TV over the desk is a little over kill.

AWesdorp

You are 100% correct. The TV is a prop from our photo crew that shouldn't have been in there since there is no cable/sat hookup there anyways. Printer should've been there. Can't catch 'em all! Have a great day all.
Andy

TravelTiger

You are 100% correct. The TV is a prop from our photo crew that shouldn't have been in there since there is no cable/sat hookup there anyways. Printer should've been there. Can't catch 'em all! Have a great day all.
Andy

Andy, I'm sure they can work some magic and Photoshop the TV out and a printer or blank shelf in....?! :)

TxCowboy

Andy

Andy, this was a good LOL for the wife and me. Very much appreciate you coming here personally to set things straight. :)

Chippendale

I don't think the design team at Heartland will ever be able to please us all. I think having the desk area in at least one model is a great idea, but I do see one major flaw in the Arlington. Say you have guests sleeping on the sofa bed and in the middle of the night, they need to use the bath room. They have to walk through the master bed room to get to the toilet, not a good idea. I think the Arlington rear end with the desk married to a Charleston bath and bed room would be a much more marketable model. Of course, there may be design and engineering problems that I am not aware of.

GOTTOYS

I don't think the design team at Heartland will ever be able to please us all. I think having the desk area in at least one model is a great idea, but I do see one major flaw in the Arlington. Say you have guests sleeping on the sofa bed and in the middle of the night, they need to use the bath room. They have to walk through the master bed room to get to the toilet, not a good idea. I think the Arlington rear end with the desk married to a Charleston bath and bed room would be a much more marketable model. Of course, there may be design and engineering problems that I am not aware of.
How does the old saying go??..Entertains 6, dines 4, sleeps 2....Don