ATF: Bighorn - de-rated axles?

B

BouseBill

I was stumped as to why the data plate shows the axles as being rated at 6750 #s when they are labeled on the axles as 7000# Dexter axles??

I remember seeing something on the forums about the difference but can't find it now:(

B

BouseBill

Duhhhh on me!..Forgot about the tires, they are rated at 3415 lbs so= 6830 lbs. Sailuns G- rated.

What tires are mounted at the factory in order to give the RV the 16,000 lb capacity?

Thanks Dave

AAdams

BouseBill, you get 6830 lbs max per axle, 2 axles 13660 lbs max on the 4 tires. Now you have to add in what the truck is carrying on the pin. In our case the pin is 2880lbs. Add it all up and the max is over 16k that the trailer is rated for. The tires never have the entire load on them, even when unhooked, the front landing gear will have some of the load.

Hope this helps

justafordguy

Duhhhh on me!..Forgot about the tires, they are rated at 3415 lbs so= 6830 lbs. Sailuns G- rated.

What tires are mounted at the factory in order to give the RV the 16,000 lb capacity?

Thanks Dave

What size are your tires? My LT 235-85R-16 Sailun tires are rated for 3750lbs each.

MCTalley

Thanks Dave

What size are your tires? My LT 235-85R-16 Sailun tires are rated for 3750lbs each.

The Sailuns are rated for 3750 lb. in a single configuration (as would be the case on the trailer) and 3415 in a dual configuration.

B

BouseBill

Away from the rig for a few days...I may have looked at the wrong numbers. When we get home I will bouble check the number
thanks guys

B

BouseBill

ok, Had a chance to look at the tires today and I did miss-read the weight/pressure/dual/single loading.....
I guess the question I'm asking is what did Heartland do differently between one Vin # vs, another later Vin # to go from 15,5K GVW to 16K GVW????? if the axles/tires are the same???? As you can see in our avatar we have a 2015 BH rated at 15.5K vs. a later run BH rated at 16K