Cyclone 3010 discontinued?

bkmoney81

Has heartland discontinued making the Cyclone 3010? I was on the website and the 3010 floorplan is no longer there. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Dennyha

I'm looking forward to seeing the answer to your question. We bought a 2015 Cyclone 3010, and love it. I would hate to see it disappear.

bkmoney81

The website today shows the 3010 floorplan. It appears to be an updated website. Hopefully Heartland keeps the 3010 plan. It is hard to find a nice tandem axle floorplan on a 5th wheel toyhauler.

jeffdee

The website today shows the 3010 floorplan. It appears to be an updated website. Hopefully Heartland keeps the 3010 plan. It is hard to find a nice tandem axle floorplan on a 5th wheel toyhauler.

I just looked. There is a Cyclone 3110 but not a 3010 listed in the floorplans.

Dennyha

When we were looking for a Toyhauler, we wanted one without a door side slide out (as we felt it robbed space from our outside, under the awning, space), access to the kitchen and bathroom with slide outs in (nice to access these areas while traveling), and no loft. The 3010 fit the bill.

bkmoney81

Now i'm more confused. After reading jeffdee's post about only having the 3110 on heartland website. I went back to the site and clicked on products at the top of page then on cyclone and the 3010 is there. BUT if you scroll down on the homepage, click on toyhaulers, then cyclone it does not show it. Anyone seeing this or am I seeing things!

danemayer

I don't know for sure, but it's very possible that the 3110 is a replacement for the 3010. The floor plans are similar although a few things have been moved around. Toy Hauler management usually sees posts like this and comments, but AJ must be tied up. Why don't you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Cyclone sales.

Dennyha

I don't know for sure, but it's very possible that the 3110 is a replacement for the 3010. The floor plans are similar although a few things have been moved around. Toy Hauler management usually sees posts like this and comments, but AJ must be tied up. Why don't you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Cyclone sales.

Last year, when we were looking for a toyhauler, the 3110 was available as well as the 3010. We opted for the 3010 over the 3110 as some members on this forum advised that the bathroom was not accessible in the 3110 with the slides closed.

Wardc0826

I have had my 2014 3010 for about 6 months now and Love it! I looked at toy haulers for a year before I decided on this model. It has tons of space but isn't so big that you need a permit to haul it down the road. It pulls great with my 2014 Ram 2500. That cummins just tugs it along like nothing is even back there! This is truly the best hauler made. The bigger ones are way to much. I would love the room but would hate the trip to get there and back every time!

Sniper

When we were looking for a Toyhauler, we wanted one without a door side slide out (as we felt it robbed space from our outside, under the awning, space), access to the kitchen and bathroom with slide outs in (nice to access these areas while traveling), and no loft. The 3010 fit the bill.
Being able to access the fridge, bath room, and bed without having to put the slides out, and no passenger side slide were top selling points for us. That layout is hard to find. We love our 3010!

szewczyk_john

Agree with sniper which is why we settled on the RW 305 which is a twin of the 3010. The 305RW shows up but it has a note that says dealer stock only? Anyone know what that means?It would be a mistake for them to do away with this floor plan for sure.

danemayer

Agree with sniper which is why we settled on the RW 305 which is a twin of the 3010. The 305RW shows up but it has a note that says dealer stock only? Anyone know what that means?It would be a mistake for them to do away with this floor plan for sure.
Dealer Stock Only = no additional orders will be taken = discontinued.

Dennyha

Being able to access the fridge, bath room, and bed without having to put the slides out, and no passenger side slide were top selling points for us. That layout is hard to find. We love our 3010!

I'm glad to hear we weren't the only ones with these items on our wish list. My wife immediately wrote off any floorplan with a slide out on the door side of the camper.

Sniper

I'm glad to hear we weren't the only ones with these items on our wish list. My wife immediately wrote off any floorplan with a slide out on the door side of the camper.
It really does make it nice not having to put the slides out to get to those things. We have simply pulled into a rest area for the night countless times, made a sandwich, relaxed on the couch, and went to bed for a few hours before getting back on the road. Every time I see someone with their bedroom slide hanging over in the next semi parking lane it gives me the willie's. Of course Heartland knows better than we do about the models that are selling, and have to adjust there model lineups based on numbers. That's ok we have no plans on getting rid of our 3010 anytime soon anyway. :)

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Sorry for the late response, unforchunetly we are discontinuing the 3010. We will be introducing a new double axle floor plan to take the place of the 3010 at the Lousiville show at the end of November. The 3010 has been a great floor plan but has decreased in sales dramatically forcing us to discontinue. Sorry to disappoint you guys, but I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised with the all new 3611JS that we will be releasing soon.

porthole

Retired
Sorry for the late response, unforchunetly we are discontinuing the 3010. We will be introducing a new double axle floor plan to take the place of the 3010 at the Lousiville show at the end of November. The 3010 has been a great floor plan but has decreased in sales dramatically forcing us to discontinue. Sorry to disappoint you guys, but I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised with the all new 3611JS that we will be releasing soon.

I hope that with the new model you keep some of the key points that many people have used for buying the 3010, including us.
Access - fridge, water, garage and bathroom while on the road with the slides in. Maybe sales are down partly because of the proliferation of models across 4 product lines.

The 3010 was THE only trailer that allowed all of that when we ordered ours.

Somehow - I wonder what the next rig will look like with designers, engineers and builders who do not use the product, or even camp.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I hope that with the new model you keep some of the key points that many people have used for buying

Somehow - I wonder what the next rig will look like with designers, engineers and builders who do not use the product, or even camp.

Agreed! We've been asking ourselves the same questions while dreaming of another Bighorn and the disappearance of floor plans and lengthening their replacements.
As a side note when we last visited our dealer and did some walk throughs he directed us to SOB to see if we had interest...the DW was directed to a pantry by the salesman and although the exterior was eye appealing when she opened it the shelves were probably barely 6" deep! She said "what do they expect this cabinet to be used for? Don't the people that design these ever use them themselves?"
So it's an industry wide "duh?"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

szewczyk_john

In addition to the fact that the Cyclone 3010 and Road Warrior 305 have access to all the things pointed out while the slides are closed, also keep in mind that not all of end users want all the glitz and glamour that have been added through the years. For example at the rally facility visit this year, vocal comments were made for wine racks, wine coolers, electric fireplaces, residential refrigerators, and eliminating of the stove units. Not everyone wants those changes. There are still those of us that boondock and those changes will chase some potential buyers to other brands. Our decision was made because
1. we had access to all those important areas while the slides were closed
2. overall floor plan worked with our anticipated uses
3. form and function of the unit
4. quality of the unit build over the SOB

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
In addition to the fact that the Cyclone 3010 and Road Warrior 305 have access to all the things pointed out while the slides are closed, also keep in mind that not all of end users want all the glitz and glamour that have been added through the years. For example at the rally facility visit this year, vocal comments were made for wine racks, wine coolers, electric fireplaces, residential refrigerators, and eliminating of the stove units. Not everyone wants those changes. There are still those of us that boondock and those changes will chase some potential buyers to other brands. Our decision was made because
1. we had access to all those important areas while the slides were closed
2. overall floor plan worked with our anticipated uses
3. form and function of the unit
4. quality of the unit build over the SOB

I agree and second this comment in that for us this extends into the other lines within HL as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

My CY3418 gives access to everything but the stove and microwave with the slides in. That's one thing I like about it and of course the big garage.

The 3B's are important (Beverages, Bed, Bathroom) when traveling.