rear black tank

Hey all I have a 2016 396 ss wondering if the rear black tank is only tank set up on the rear dump value? how do you run grey water thru the back dump value? or is it just for black water?

Lynn1130

You have a what? If this is a trailer model your best answer is going to come by calling Heartland Customer Service and asking them. They will have the plumbing layout.

coltsdad

Texas-North Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a 380 with the same tank set up. I dump the back first, run a bunch of water through it then move to the front tanks.

danemayer

my bad I thought they would answer on this forum thought the factory would monitor.

Hi brettntexas,

The product General Managers monitor selected sub-forums and may respond to some questions depending on nature of the question, whether someone else has answered, and their availability.

In any case, this particular area is not one that is monitored by the factory, which is why you're seeing answers from other owners.

ram_1955

We have a 2016 Road Warrior. The rear bathroom appears to have sink, shower and toilet all going to one tank and that tank is the only one on the rear drain. The other 3 tanks drain through the front connection. On ours the rear bottom pull is the rear tank. I am going to use a 5 gallon bucket and fill each tank to make sure which gauge is for what section and how small/large each of the tanks are.

Nwasher

We just bought a Torque 396 with the same floor plan and are wondering the same thing. The back black is already full after only 1 full day of use. If you get a response would you mind sharing? We are wondering if the shower and sink are going to the black tank. We really hope not.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
When camping you have to do what we call 'Navy' . . . most especially when boondocking (ie.- camping without hookups)!

In other words, you have to conserve water for not only water use . . . but waste tank space!

When we are boondocking (rarely), we flush and shower conservatively (ie.- get wet, turn water off, then soap and shampoo, then rinse and shut water off) . . . and we wash all of our dishes outside!

We carry our old camping stove with us just to heat dish water outside on the picnic table when we are boondocking . . .

And I water the trees :p outside when #1 or when #2 use the trailer toilet sparingly . . . or if in a campground that doesn't have hookups, use the outhouses provided!

When planning campouts . . . you have to think about this kind of stuff in the planning stages of your campout.

Nwasher

It will be interesting to see what your results are. We tried ours today and we think the back bathroom sink goes to the back black tank. If we are right our next question will be is it possible to have it re-plumbed to the 2nd gray tank. We aren't sure why the sink would go to the black tank.

danemayer

It's not uncommon to plumb a sink drain into the neighboring black tank. The attached generic diagram from RVIA shows just that arrangement.

I think Heartland does that on some floor plans, but I recall seeing a forum post where the rear 1/2 bath sink drained into a forward tank.

Attachments

• rvia plumbing diagram.jpg
    rvia plumbing diagram.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 44

ram_1955

Okay I have some info and I hope it helps.
Front black front toilet tank holds 50 gallons drains through the front drain and is the front/front valve
Grey #1 front tub and front sink holds 45 gallons drains through the front drain and is the front/back valve
Grey #2 kitchen sink and rear bath tub holds about 27 gallons drains through the front drain and is the rear/top valve
Rear black rear toilet and rear sink holds about 27 gallons drains through the rear drain and is the rear/bottom vavle

I have approximate gauge readings if anyone is that interested. When the gauges read full all of the tanks still hold more.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
When the gauges read full all of the tanks still hold more.

That is the way our tank gauges read . . .

However, when they show full . . . I figure they are full enough and dump!

We usually stay in places with hookups, so dumping is not a problem.

Nwasher

Thank you for sharing your results. It helps a lot. Does anyone know if it might be possible to get the back sink re-plumbed to the back gray?

ram_1955

With as little water as used in the sink I do not consider it an issue myself. I would be more concerned about the shower being connected to the kitchen sink. We always fill the kitchen sink tank first, I would rather see the kitchen sink on a larger tank.

Rollin_Free

Thank you for sharing your results. It helps a lot. Does anyone know if it might be possible to get the back sink re-plumbed to the back gray?

Just use one of those clear 45* angled drain pipes that has the hose flusher molded in. You can back flush the black tank several times until the discharge water is clear. I have the typical black and grey connected at the discharge and still use this clear pipe to back flush the tank lines to finish clearing the line. I also have the black water tank flusher and use that first but alway back flush the actual pipe using the pipe back flusher at the very end of my dumping.