Considering Prowler P255 5'er, ANY current owners out there with feedback?

Considering buying a Prowler P255 and looking for any current owners that might be able to give us feedback.
We are NEW to the TT / Travel Coach world and are specifically looking at SMALL 5th wheelers to take on the road to early retirement.

Would LOVE insights from anyone that can offer them.

Can't WAIT to join the Community!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have a 2015 Prowler P292, which I believe is a little bigger than the P255.

While we are not full timers yet, I don't think we'd want to go any smaller if we were full timing in it.

We've had it for 10 months and have been on six trips with it . . . just got back from Tucson four weeks ago.

It has been great so far!

And we have a Colorado HOC Rally coming up in six weeks . . . can't wait!

ICamel

I think the Prowler "P" series and Elkridge "E" series Fifth Wheels are pretty much the same. We have been very happy with our Elkridge E22 which is the next size down from the 255 models.

JohnD

Several of the Sundance 5th-wheelers have the same floor plans as the Prowlers.

While we've had several issues with our Prowler, I have to say that they are all fairly minor problems compared to what I've read about from some of the other much more expensive Heartland brands.

And, our main issue is getting our dealership to competently fix the small problem and not so much with Heartland.

just checked out the Elkridge on-line and Yup, they appear pretty much the same. The main difference seems to be the outside kitchen on the Elkridge. Does yours have this feature? If Y, do you use it often?
LOVING just the IDEA of joining this community!

JohnD

just checked out the Elkridge on-line and Yup, they appear pretty much the same. The main difference seems to be the outside kitchen on the Elkridge. Does yours have this feature? If Y, do you use it often?

We saw the Elkridge first, then the Sundance, but chose the Prowler as it was lighter weight than the other two, which would have been too heavy for our new truck.

We don't have the outdoor kitchen . . .

Typically the trailers that do have the bunk room in the back, which makes the room for the outside kitchen.

Ours has the large kitchen and living room area.

Since the kids are all grown up we decided a bunk room was a waste of inside space.

Here is what ours looks like on the inside:

ProwlerLivingroomFromStairs-P5160705.jpg ProwlerKitchen-P5160700.jpg ProwlerInsideIsland-P5160694.jpg

Took these the day we plopped down the deposit on it while it was still on the dealers lot.

And yes . . . make sure to join the Heartland Owner's Club (HOC)!

The rallies are a hoot!

We've got one coming up in five weeks . . . can't wait!

ICamel

We do have the outside "camp kitchen" and use it frequently...................but not as a kitchen. I call it a fish cleaning station.
If the outside fridge was propane it would be a major improvement as we primarily dry camp with no electric hookup. Have never used the outside microwave.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Did not have much of an opinion on the outside kitchen when we got the unit. Now, I absolutely love it. Use it all the time. So nice to have access to everything outside. No more "in and out" a thousand times. Put an ice maker outside, along with the fridge, and it's a great addition to our rig.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I miss the outside kitchen. When we went dry camping I filled the bottom tray of the fridge with dry ice and it kept my beers cold for 4 days.