Dometic Whisperquiet E1 error code

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
We are getting the E1 error code which says the system cannot communicate and will shut down on the main A/c. The bedroom air works fine. We have reset the breaker, checked the fuse, checked for loose wires on the roof unit. After Dave checked the roof unit wires, it started working again. After about 40 min it quit again. This is a brand new unit, so is under warranty.

Anyone have any ideas? Since it did work after messing with the wires, it does sound like a loose wire. How did it come loose after about 40 min?

Thanks for your help!

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
IIRC Error Code E1 is because the thermostat is not getting 12 volts through the the thermostat/communication cable which looks like a telephone cable.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
I had this happen on my main air unit after about 1 year. I hired a mobile service to find problem after doing my usual troubleshooting. It cost me about $150 for tech to replace the phone plug connection inside the roof unit. Corrosion on one of the tiny pins caused the problem. So next time I know where to look. I guess I could have gotten this covered under warranty although the A/C warranty said one year.

nander

Thank you.

The a/c started working again, but today after being on all day, started making a loud noise. I believe it was the fan. Then water started dripping out of the duct.
Since water is dripping, it is probably because the fan stopped working and the condenser froze.

nander

UPDATE: Re: Dometic Whisperquiet E1 error code

Update: We haven't had the E1 error code anymore. After reading some of the other posts about water dripping, we checked out the ducts. The intake and outtake ducts at the back of the living room were blocked off by foam. We moved the foam block to the other side of the ducts. Everything seems to be working fine now. At least no water is dripping yet! :D

carl.swoyer

I had the same problem on my 2012 landmark Rushmore . make sure they use the electric gel on all the connection

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

carl.swoyer

Hot and cold air mixing will cause that. Make sure they seal the mixing box under the ac or your ceiling finish will blister over time

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

chipdaniel

We just had some warranty work done on our new 4010RD Big Country bedroom AC which was leaking water on the bed and occasionally getting error code E1. Turns out the unit on the roof was not properly sealed and had some loose connections during the manufacturing. All is well now so far.

Last edited:
exact same issue here.. 2017 Bighorn. Drove it off the lot and to the beach, 2.5 hours away. Got it set up, turned on the whisper quiet a/c and 30 minutes later it was raining in the bedroom. Water running along a seam in the ceiling all the way across the camper. 15 minutes later E1 on the lounge a/c and IT started leaking.

Luckily my folks had a place for us to stay because the dealer could have cared less about our predicament. Actually told my husband not to call them back anymore. I mean I guess it WAS Memorial Day weekend and why should they be inconvenienced? Shame on the manufacturer for turning out shoddy work. Shame on the dealers for knowing it and letting them roll off the lot with so many issues and not being available to help their customers when the issues turn up. But gosh that thing is pretty and comfy on the inside. It killed us to let it sit there unoccupied the entire weekend.

carl.swoyer

Try to clean up the communications with battery terminal spray cleaner then completely dry it and use dielectric grease to prevent moisture in again. My 2012 landmark had the same problem.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk