Pros and cons requested

shovelguy

I am sure someone else has written a request like this but I am lazy and didn't want to go thru thousands of threads. We currently own an eight year old Bighorn 3055 which we have lived in for five years. We have loved her since we bought her brand new. But we are now talking about upgrading to a 3585. Actually this has been an ongoing discussion for about two years. This is the only model I would consider because of the bathroom placement and the cabinet next to the bed (my husband has a cpap). I am inviting folks to share their experiences. Our current rig was built prior to the ownership change. We have been very pleased with the quality and workmanship but have concerns about the curren th manufacturer. Please feel free to give us the good, the bad and the ugly. J

jdfishing

WOW Dean. Trading in the 3055??? That's got to be like losing a family member. lol Have you been able to actually tour a 3585? We've had trouble finding a dealer with one in stock. Nice seeing you guys up north this past summer.

Oregon_Camper

Dean and Jodi.....Hello!!!! :)

As you are aware we joined the Heartland family a while back and LOVE our Bighorn. We've had zero issues since the day we brought it home (yes...the PDI list was long..Hehehe)

Hope you guys find what you like. The RV show is going on this weekend in Portland if you're around.

SNOKING

Hey, they finally cleaned out their storage locker after many years. This is the next logical step. Stop by next week and look at the 2017 features! Cheers! White wine is chilled along with a good IPA and red is ready at room temp. Remember parking is across Elk Drive!!!! Got weighed yesterday and can share that. Chris and Darlene.

SNOKING

Dean and Jodi stopped by to tour our early 2017. They are dead meat for a new 3585 and tow vehicle. Looking at pictures of various new 2017 Bighorns online at NW dealers we are glad we got a early 2017. The chair rail and two tone walls are gone in the door side slide in the later 2017's that came out this summer.

First thing they said coming in was they like the butlers pantry corner, which the 3585 does not have. That is one of the features that we really like.

Chris

BusManRG

Our "early 2017" was built in early August. The 2-tone walls and chair rail were already gone ☹️

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There does not appear to be rhyme or reason for model year identification. Our 2009 BH was built in February, 2008.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Our "early 2017" was built in early August. The 2-tone walls and chair rail were already gone ☹️

Our early 2017 was built in March. You most likely could get them to sell you the chair rail pieces and install those. BTW, you could most likely order my or a another 3575el top bedroom drawer front to replace the useless wine rack over the microwave. Chris

BusManRG

Our early 2017 was built in March. You most likely could get them to sell you the chair rail pieces and install those. BTW, you could most likely order my or a another 3575el top bedroom drawer front to replace the useless wine rack over the microwave. Chris

Until it's replaced (under warranty) the microwave is more "useless" than the wine rack! LOL!!

ram_1955

If cabinet/night stand is important look at the Road Warrior 413
The garage can be used for many things and you don't have to have a golf cart/4 wheeler/motorcycle to own a toy hauler

mslater

i have a 2014 3585 in florida we use 6 months during the winter was bought in elkhart and taken to a campground in daytona so it has 1200 miles on it. we have had to the fix the dinning chairs 3\8" particle board bottoms...most of the upper cabinet hinges have had to be repaired the fasteners pull out due to the strong opening springs. the kitchen sink dropped down due to long of screws used in the mounting clips breaking the glue bond between wood and counter.have a on going leak in gray water above colorplast that i can't locate . only leaks when about full so must be on top, so i leave gate valve open ....have had lots of trouble with fridge working properly had it rebuilt twice under extended warranty, finally got rid of it and replaced with a residential samsung .the led light under awning only lasted about 10 hours before staring to fail...front bedroom ac failed and replaced under extended warranty.one plumbing leak behind udc wall.most all the drain joints leaked under the sinks.i dont use the ladder on the back except for a clothes drying rack (seems all of the heartland trailers in are park are bent down from people using them.) the caulking on the south facing side had to be relplaced after one season. we now have a leak between the front and back slide when it rains hard that is causing delamination....added a topper to bedroom slide and have checked seals that appear to be good ,but water still backs up behind it and runs down and in on bad rains... even though the bedroom slide is about 2 foot shorter than the living room slide it looks like the seal rubber isn't as big as the living room seal, might be the cause .replaced the bed ...the mattress sucks .the theater seating started to breakdown in the fist season so replaced that crap with good home theater seating. fantastic fan electronics failed and replaced under ex. warranty ... my advice is keep a close eye on everything and get a good extended warranty they are getting fed up with my claims....and try not to pull it anymore than you have to