New owner

Well my wife and I took the plunge and bought a new North Trail 22RBK travel trailer yesterday. We did our walk around with our delivery tech.
It has a slide on it, but our tech says there was no way to retract it if the battery died. The Heartland user manual says there is a manual way to do it, but doesn't show how or where it is. I would appreciate some owner help on this. Anyone can help?

jimtoo

Hi alexnorthtrail,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Yes, there is a way to retract your slide if the battery goes down.,, but first your battery should not go down as you have a charger built into the system. Now if your not hooked to 120v elec and you run the battery down, you can hook up your tow vehicle and it will charge the battery, but slow. There is a manual way, but I don't know if your slide is hydraulic or electric, so I'm sure some of our other North Trail owners will jump in with better info for you soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

mbopp

On our 21FBS there was a flex driver supplied in our owners packet. You had to take the top slide facia off and use either a racthet or drill to turn the flex shaft that went on the end of the drive motor. Never had to try it though......

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland Owners family. Enjoy your new rig. Trace

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Congrats on your purchase! I too had the experience of trying to figure out the slide operation without power...it can be done! If you have a slide that has wire cables around the sides and top, then there is a small flex-shaft tool that goes into an electric motor mounted about dead center of the slide, on the top, against the trailer wall. I used a power drill with the flex-shaft to operate the slide a little bit at a time, as you will need to use a stool to reach the motor, and have to move it every few inches. I have long arms so the reach wasn't much of a problem.

Congrats on the new North Trail and welcome to the Heartland family.

Thanks to everyone who welcomed me and my wife. We are looking forward to a fun time with our new trailer. We are planning a trip in July as we speak. Wish we could use her more now. But we are still working so we are going to use her as much as possible when we can.
Thank for the info about the slide. Very helpful!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Congratulations on the new North Trail! I hope you will join the Heartland Owners Club and come to a few rallies with the rest of us!

Rod