MPG Mods

rfroth01

Are the following modifications/layout reconfiguration of a 2011 MPG 180 feasible? Remove the entire bathroom and dining area, relocate the kitchen to the former dining area and add a more comfortable seating arrangement (e.g., recliner loveseat) at either the former bathroom or kitchen areas. The objective is to eliminate unused areas (bathroom/dining), increase livable space and reduce overall weight of the MPG. Thanks, in advance, for any constructive input.

danemayer

Hi rfroth01,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

That's a pretty ambitious modification you're considering. I don't recall reading about any similar mods, but perhaps other MPG owners will chime in with their thoughts.

Just off the top of my head, I'd expect plumbing and effect on weight distribution might be the biggest challenges.

rfroth01

Thanks. I suspect both plumbing and electrical connections may be challenges. The weight distribution issue might be less of an issue depending on the new configuration. Thanks for your response....hoping to hear from someone who may have actually done some "reconfiguration" before I end up destroying this little camper/trailer. :)