2017 Goshen Rally - Lifestyle Presentations

jbeletti

LIFESTYLE PRESENTATIONS

Club Member Emily Rohrer has agreed to take on the role of Lifestyle Presentations Coordinator for the 2017 Goshen Rally.

Emily will be reaching out to members club members and trainers to present up to 25 Lifestyle sessions. Some sessions will be RV kitchen related and how to get the most from your RV kitchen. Most sessions will be presented by club members on hobbies, crafts, skills and other areas that interest them and may interest you! If you want to learn what fellow club members enjoy doing while on the road or at home, plan to make several of these sessions and learn about interesting ways to spend your leisure time.

What "Lifestyle" matters/subjects would like to be presented at this rally? Post a reply to this thread with your thoughts.

Do you want to present on an item that you do in your leisure time? If so, use this link to email Emily your thoughts.

Follow this link (PDF) to view the "latest" version of the Lifestyle Presentation schedule. A final version will be included with your rally packet.

eclaire92

Hi Everyone --

Emily here, new to the job and also new to rally culture, but ready to get this show on the road!

My husband, Tim, and I have been full-timing in a 2008 Bighorn since August 2015. He is a retired naval officer, and handy at a million things including most RV repair and maintenance, and all kinds of computer techno stuff. I do a little bit of everything else, from cooking and cleaning, to taking my turn at driving, to blogging, banking and bookkeeping. We have two grown sons, one working in WA and the other attending college in TX.

First bit of housekeeping, because everybody ends up asking: my last name is pronounced ROAR, like a lion. I do roar occasionally when I'm frustrated over something and trying hard not to swear instead. Ahem.

That said, do contact me here if you've got an idea for a Lifestyle Presentation, and I'll do my best to answer your questions and respond to your concerns.

Looking forward to meeting you in person in Goshen this summer!

- Emily

eclaire92

Instant Pot Experts? 2017 Goshen RallyLifestyle Presentations

Hey Y'all. I'm this year's Lifestyle Presentations Coordinator for the rally.

I'd love to offer an Instant Pot Demo or two. Anybody willing to step up?

Plenty of slots available to suit your scheduling needs.

Other class suggestions and offers to teach are of course welcome!

eclaire92

Are you a network marketing consultant? - Lifestyle Presentations

Did you know that we allow presentations that tie in with network marketing companies?
In the past, there have been classes led by consultants for essential oil, skin care, and nail product distributors, and I *know* there are more out there. Scrapbooking? Stamping? Clothing? Baskets or kitchen ware?
Consider using one of our 45 minute slots to educate your fellow Heartland Owners about your product at the 2017 Goshen Rally!
I've got space available on Tuesday morning and afternoon (6/13), Wednesday morning (6/14), Thursday morning and afternoon (6/15), and Friday morning (6/16).
Other class suggestions and offers to teach are of course welcome!
Comment below or send me a PM so we can coordinate.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Then I'm glad I could reply with a positive answer! Evada will be teaching Your RV Kitchen, Induction Cooking, Convection Cooking, and Instant Pot Cooking.
Would that confection cooking be Microwave /confection cooking ? I would like to attend a class on that .

eclaire92

Would that confection cooking be Microwave /confection cooking ? I would like to attend a class on that .

Sorry for the delay in getting your answer. Here's the reply, straight from the instructor:

"Yes, this will be over the dual appliance since nearly 100% of the time…. this is the situation.

We will be walking through the steps of operations, understanding the boundaries of convection in an RV, discussion of types of cookware, cooking tips and how to help it work more efficiently. Lots of great information."

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Sorry for the delay in getting your answer. Here's the reply, straight from the instructor:

"Yes, this will be over the dual appliance since nearly 100% of the time…. this is the situation.

We will be walking through the steps of operations, understanding the boundaries of convection in an RV, discussion of types of cookware, cooking tips and how to help it work more efficiently. Lots of great information."
Thank you I will be there !

jbeletti

JoAnn would like to attend that class also, does she just show up or is there a sign up procedure?
Mark - for "most" classes/presentations, there will be no signup. If you're referring to the cooking classes, there will be no signup for those. Just look them up on your Presentations Guide to see what you want to go to, when it is and where it is. That guide will be in your rally bag.

AlwaysOnLiberty

Hey All,

I will be giving a Presentation "Introduction to Essential Oils" with 3 different 'Make & Take' Workshops. This is my TENTATIVE info. I will update it as I get my supplies in as to announce what we will be making in each Make & Take. My supplies are rolling in via UPS and USMail so I appreciate your patience. Please check back to see what the Make & Take Workshops will entail.

Now for the important stuff...

• If you wish to attend ANY of the Make & Take Workshops, you must attend the "Introduction to Essential Oils" Presentation.

• There is a $15 supply fee for EACH WORKSHOP; these fees will pay for all supplies needed for the Make & Takes. Cash only, please. Sorry, no discounts for taking multiple workshops. We will be working with quality products.

• Each Make & Take Workshop only has 8 SEATS. First come, first served. If you signup, you will be committed and be required to pay your supply fee even if you can't attend. (more details later on how we will handle signups).

• Please understand that we are full-timers and I simply could not store a lot of supplies in our Landmark to host more attendees. As well, we are limited to only 30 minutes per workshop. I want each attendee to be comfortable and not feel rushed in learning how to make their goods.

• Workshop attendees must be 16 years or older.

• It's imperative that you arrive 10 minutes prior so we can get set up for your workshop. Each workshop is only 30 minutes long so we need to 'get right to work'.

HEALTH NOTE FOR ALLERGY SENSITIVE: We will be working with COCONUT OIL.

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE INFO:

Introduction to Essential Oils – Tuesday, June 13 @ 1:00pm
COST: FREE
NO LIMIT ON SEATING

During this presentation, we will cover the basics of Essential Oils, how to use them safely, and which essential oils can be part of your daily routine to support general health and wellness, skin care, mood support, cleaning, etc. Please bring your pen and pad to take notes if you wish.

· Each class attendee will be entered in drawings throughout the class!

· Those who choose to enroll with the Essential Oil Membership will receive a special gift from me.

NOTE: This class must be attended before taking any of the Make & Take Workshops.

Make & Take Workshop 1 – Thursday, June 15 @ 1:00-1:30pm

COST: $15 Supply Fee
SEATS AVAILABLE: 8

We will be making:

Make & Take Workshop 2 – Thursday, June 15 @ 1:45-2:15pm

We will be making:

Make & Take Workshop 3 – Thursday, June 15 @ 2:30-3:00pm

We will be making:

eclaire92

Re: 2017 Goshen Rally -Essential Oils presentation & workshops

Thanks, Lisa! I'm glad you took the pro-active approach, as your seats are limited and will require sign-ups along with a fee.

Just a reminder to others that the final Lifestyle Presentations schedule will be distributed in your rally packets. Right now it's still in flux, but when we've got an online version, it'll be posted at this placeholder for you to review:

https://heartlandowners.org/rally/2017/2017_Lifestyle_Presentations_Schedule.pdf

Hey All,

I will be giving a Presentation "Introduction to Essential Oils" with 3 different 'Make & Take' Workshops. This is my TENTATIVE info. I will update it as I get my supplies in as to announce what we will be making in each Make & Take. My supplies are rolling in via UPS and USMail so I appreciate your patience. Please check back to see what the Make & Take Workshops will entail.

Now for the important stuff...

• If you wish to attend ANY of the Make & Take Workshops, you must attend the "Introduction to Essential Oils" Presentation.

• There is a $15 supply fee for EACH WORKSHOP; these fees will pay for all supplies needed for the Make & Takes. Cash only, please. Sorry, no discounts for taking multiple workshops. We will be working with quality products.

• Each Make & Take Workshop only has 8 SEATS. First come, first served. If you signup, you will be committed and be required to pay your supply fee even if you can't attend. (more details later on how we will handle signups).

• Please understand that we are full-timers and I simply could not store a lot of supplies in our Landmark to host more attendees. As well, we are limited to only 30 minutes per workshop. I want each attendee to be comfortable and not feel rushed in learning how to make their goods.

• Workshop attendees must be 16 years or older.

• It's imperative that you arrive 10 minutes prior so we can get set up for your workshop. Each workshop is only 30 minutes long so we need to 'get right to work'.

HEALTH NOTE FOR ALLERGY SENSITIVE: We will be working with COCONUT OIL.

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE INFO:

Introduction to Essential Oils – Tuesday, June 13 @ 1:00pm
COST: FREE
NO LIMIT ON SEATING

During this presentation, we will cover the basics of Essential Oils, how to use them safely, and which essential oils can be part of your daily routine to support general health and wellness, skin care, mood support, cleaning, etc. Please bring your pen and pad to take notes if you wish.

· Each class attendee will be entered in drawings throughout the class!

· Those who choose to enroll with the Essential Oil Membership will receive a special gift from me.

NOTE: This class must be attended before taking any of the Make & Take Workshops.

Make & Take Workshop 1 – Thursday, June 15 @ 1:00-1:30pm

We will be making:

Make & Take Workshop 2 – Thursday, June 15 @ 1:45-2:15pm

We will be making:

Make & Take Workshop 3 – Thursday, June 15 @ 2:30-3:00pm

We will be making: