2017 Goshen Rally - Entertainment

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: 2017 Goshen rally - Entertainment

Hey Jim what about the group I saw tonight. Heck they are old enough most here would know them

Foreigner (they put on a great show)

Or even that little band from Texas....ZZ Top. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Hey Jim what about the group I saw tonight. Heck they are old enough most here would know them

I watched all your concert vids on FB this morning. I remember the first time I saw Foreigner many decades ago and a few times since :)

You and Jo are having so much fun! Enjoy life my friend :)

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

We went and saw the Guess Who a few years back at the Pepsi Roadhouse outside of Pittsburgh. Maybe held 1000 people or so. It was awesome. I didn't realize how many songs of theirs I knew and liked.

jimpav

We saw Foreigner at the Elkhart County fair last summer. We volunteered to work at the fair, and got free tickets to see Trace Adkins, which I gave away as I don't care for his music at all.

The fair is always looking for help during that time. Completely different atmosphere that at the rally.

jbeletti

We saw Foreigner at the Elkhart County fair last summer. We volunteered to work at the fair, and got free tickets to see Trace Adkins, which I gave away as I don't care for his music at all.

The fair is always looking for help during that time. Completely different atmosphere that at the rally.

I've enjoyed the Fair concert pictures you shared on FB.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

I am a concert junkie and go to 10-15 concerts a year. I like all kinds of music with the exception of country and 50's era music. IMO you have an obvious 3 groups, those who will enjoy the music/band selection, those who will not, and those who would rather help their friends cuddle up to some tasty beverages and tell lies while sitting in comfy chairs in a circularish shaped formation.

jbeletti

I am a concert junkie and go to 10-15 concerts a year. I like all kinds of music with the exception of country and 50's era music. IMO you have an obvious 3 groups, those who will enjoy the music/band selection, those who will not, and those who would rather help their friends cuddle up to some tasty beverages and tell lies while sitting in comfy chairs in a circularish shaped formation.

Hi Mike - you may be heading up the campfire contingent my friend. One group I've hired is country-centric as we've never hired a country act. Like you, country isn't my thing but many of our attendees love it. And honestly, I grew up listening to country my mom would play in the 60's - so maybe I'll hear some of that :0

The other group I'm "working on" is a Chicago tribute act. We shall see.

Toccoatravelers

We love almost all types of music (except rap). Have you given consideration to the stage near the track, it would be an outside venue and I would bet they have had music there before. Everyone could bring their own chairs and then use the rally hall as a back up in case of bad weather. That may solve the issue of a long room and give better sound and sight lines.

Also, thanks for always, working to get our opinions.
Patti

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders

Hi Mike - you may be heading up the campfire contingent my friend. One group I've hired is country-centric as we've never hired a country act. Like you, country isn't my thing but many of our attendees love it. And honestly, I grew up listening to country my mom would play in the 60's - so maybe I'll hear some of that :0

The other group I'm "working on" is a Chicago tribute act. We shall see.

Chicago tribute?! Who doesn't like Chicago?!

jbeletti

We love almost all types of music (except rap). Have you given consideration to the stage near the track, it would be an outside venue and I would bet they have had music there before. Everyone could bring their own chairs and then use the rally hall as a back up in case of bad weather. That may solve the issue of a long room and give better sound and sight lines.

Also, thanks for always, working to get our opinions.
Patti

Hi Patti - yes, I have considered both the main stage in the infield and the small stage near the clock tower. Trouble is weather. And we have to pay entertainers whether they play or not.

One day (maybe 2019), I may test the waters with a small act outdoors near the clock tower and pay them rain or shine. 600 camping chairs on the grass though... unsure.

jassson007

Also gotta think about extra sound cost with sound at two locations.

jbeletti

Also gotta think about extra sound cost with sound at two locations.

For sure Andy. On the small stage near the clock tower, most bands will have sound for that but on the big stage in the infield, the cost of sound for that could be staggering.

jassson007

For sure Andy. On the small stage near the clock tower, most bands will have sound for that but on the big stage in the infield, the cost of sound for that could be staggering.

You're right but even if they did have their own it may be in their rider that would be an extra cost. When you decide to do this you might want to ask a few extra questions before signing the contract.

Toccoatravelers

Hi Patti - yes, I have considered both the main stage in the infield and the small stage near the clock tower. Trouble is weather. And we have to pay entertainers whether they play or not.

One day (maybe 2019), I may test the waters with a small act outdoors near the clock tower and pay them rain or shine. 600 camping chairs on the grass though... unsure.

Thanks Jim, i figured you had thought of it but it never hurts to make mention. I have no doubt that it will be a great time......it always is!

brianlajoie

We can dance to most music. The issue I have is that bands that sound nice don't place strict tempo music to dance to. It is always a trade off. My experience is that a good DJ can select good music to dance to. I like a variety of dance music tempos: swing, waltz, rumba, fax trot, cha cha...