2017 Goshen Rally - Entertainment

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Re: 2017 Goshen rally - Entertainment

definitely no disco for me either since I don't think I could find a leisure suit in fine polyester. Although I do have my own preferences (rock) the DW (country) and I can't even agree, so what ever you do will be great as always. Good Luck.

porthole

Retired

I'd sign up Pink Floyd if they were touring and would work for under $5k :) Saw them at Angels Stadium in Anaheim in 1977. Great show!

"The Machine" cover band. I've seen Pink Floyd a couple of times, back in the day (before and after DSOTM). Saw RW a few years ago, like many big shot bands, he is using his fame for political goals now and pushes his agenda on the concert goers.

"The Machine", seen them multiple times now and each time I think, these guys are better then the originals of the early 70's era.

If you are doing a band, I don't see how you can go wrong with a 50-60-70-80's era band.

Magic is good. Comedy is good, but the odds are someone will get Teed off and walk out.

How about a big screen and have an outdoor drive in movie night?

(Did you know New Jersey is home to the first drive in?)

olcoon

I enjoyed Goldwing Express, and how about Maggie Mae from the Wisconsin rally?

Jim Posz

This will be our fourth Goshen Rally, and they all have been a good time. My thought on entertainment is that the layout of the main rally building makes it difficult to clearly see the stage from the entire room. For this reason, musical entertainment may be preferable to an act that needs to be seen to appreciated.
Jim

jbeletti

I enjoyed Goldwing Express, and how about Maggie Mae from the Wisconsin rally?

Roy, I liked Maggie Mae the two times we saw her in the Dells but frankly, the price Roger quoted me last August was more than I wanted to spend for this act.

jbeletti

This will be our fourth Goshen Rally, and they all have been a good time. My thought on entertainment is that the layout of the main rally building makes it difficult to clearly see the stage from the entire room. For this reason, musical entertainment may be preferable to an act that needs to be seen to appreciated.
Jim

Jim - totally agree on the building we use for the rally hall. Long and narrow is not ideal for a performance for the entire building. I did consider what is called Building A for our entertainment but it was not available to me this year. It's also not air conditioned and the acoustic are not great. No wall or ceiling treatments to keep the sound from bouncing around.

olcoon

Roy, I liked Maggie Mae the two times we saw her in the Dells but frankly, the price Roger quoted me last August was more than I wanted to spend for this act.

Too bad, but I understand.

jimpav

NO BANDs, hate to dance, crippled in the head, ha,ha

Magic show, mind reader, ill (Terry) or how about Terry Fader???

jbeletti

NO BANDs, hate to dance, crippled in the head, ha,ha

Magic show, mind reader, ill (Terry) or how about Terry Fader???

Thanks for your feedback Jim. Music, while not your favorite is the easiest to do here, due to our room.

Our long and narrow room with poor sightlines to the stage from much of the room does not lend itself well to other performance arts where the visual is as important as the sound.

This is "likely" the last year we will use this room. We may move to a much larger building in 2019, though it's not air conditioned and and there is no sound baffling. Unless we rent a large theater, there's always compromise.

G_S

Karaoke show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

jimpav - for grins, I reached out to Terry Fator's booker. $100k to start, plus riders and travel :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired

If no Jeff Dunham ,how about Gabriel Iglesias , we want Fluffy.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Wait a minute, wait a minute. I want Twisted Sister.
But anything will work for me. I don't want my rally fee to be $2,000.

Peace
Dave

Mike-n-Justina

Wait a minute, wait a minute. I want TwCROSed Sister.
But anything will work for me. I don't want my rally fee to be $2,000.

Peace
Dave

I know what you mean Dave. I'm just a poor farm boy and the crops were bad this season.:)