location of converter in a elkridge 38rsrt?

Hi,
I'm wondering where the converter is in our 38rsrt. Also, does it have any fuses or breakers? The reason being, we lost ac power for our outlets, the ceiling fan, microwave, the outlets in the kitchen area, awning receptacle,outdoor outlet in the camp kitchen. The GFCI outlets also do not test. In addition, the GFCI breaker has not tripped,( has also been reset to no avail), and no fuses are blown or other breakers have tripped. Everything on the dc side appears to be fully operational.
Thanks for any insight or help.

jimtoo

Hi roadlife78,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm gonna ask a dumb question, but it sounds like you have no AC power. Are you sure you have power at the campsite post and the breakers there are on? I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with some help for you soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Roadlife78 and welcome to this great forum. Lots of good information here.
So I'm wondering why you are looking for the converter when all the 12 volt stuff works but the 120 ac does not.
I would start at the pedestal to see if there is 120 volts there.
Then work my way to the coach.
Be sure that when checking the breakers you do not rely on a visual. Turn them off then back on.
Be sure to come back and let us know what you find.

Peace
Dave

Oregon_Camper

Like Cookie said...the converter uses 120v power to create 12v power for the coach and to charge the battery(s).

Once you verified power at the pedestal, let us know.

Thanks so much for the quick response. I need to give some more info. We are not at a campsite but at a RV storage facility using portable (2) 2000W inverter generators hooked together. I believe they are 20A each. We've used them before with no problem & they seem to be working fine. We had ac power all yesterday even while using a 3/8 power drill, but upon power up today no ac power. We hook up the portable generators to the RV thru a 30 amp male/ 50amp female dogbone electrical adapter. you know I think as I write this that something happened to that adapter, & will check it out tomorrow.

Thanks for all the info. I found the problem. It was one of the portable generators being used had overloaded and after resetting, the system was restored. However, for future reference I would like to know where the converter is located in the 38RSRT.
Thanks again.