Bedroom steps

Oldelevatorman

The steps into the bedroom on our Newport are very short. Is there a reason they can't be made deeper? There is more room in that space to extend them, an extra 10" in that area. They are only 9" deep. Tough when you have size 13 feet. Both my wife and I have fallen there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

Anything is possible, but to make it look good is another issue. I understand the issue with the stairs very well. First outing with our new big horn, I slipped on the stairs, and broke my right wrist.

jbeletti

The steps into the bedroom on our Newport are very short. Is there a reason they can't be made deeper? There is more room in that space to extend them, an extra 10" in that area. They are only 9" deep. Tough when you have size 13 feet. Both my wife and I have fallen there.

I'm personally okay with the interior steps in my Newport but my wife catches her heel on the drawer in the step on the way down. She hates it. She wants me to remove the drawer and panel over it.

Last week at the Florida rally, forum member and GA chapter leader Paul A (ALF) told me that his son's wiener dog won't use those steps. Paul plans to make custom step treads that are deeper by at least an inch. Perhaps that's an option for your size 13 shoe :)