Major leak on slide (w/out canopy) on 2018 Mallard M28

Hi folks, much to my dismay my new Rv had water pouring in early this morning, my family was going to sleep in it but not like that. I promptly closed the slide but the water continued. So did the towels. We’ve had her for 2 months, that’s it. I DO NOT want to deal with water issue. I know how bad it can be from prior experience. Any suggestions ... would be appreciated. And yes, my Rv is level.

madder than you know what
Carol Robinson
2014 GMC Sierra 1500
2018 Mallard M28

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
First time in the rain? If you can, extend the slide and get on a ladder to check the top seal on the slide. Make sure it's there, extended outward, and making good contact with the top of the slide. Check the side seals while you're there to be sure they're not twisted.

Since it's only two months old, take it to your dealer for inspection/warranty repairs.

'Lil Guy'

Those top seals flip out when extended and in when retracted. Make sure it's flipped out across the full width. If not you need to add the seal flippers which aid in the flipping procedure. I have 3 on my long slide.

Those top seals flip out when extended and in when retracted. Make sure it's flipped out across the full width. If not you need to add the seal flippers which aid in the flipping procedure. I have 3 on my long slide.

Hi, can you direct me as to where to get the seal flippers? Thanks so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time in the rain? If you can, extend the slide and get on a ladder to check the top seal on the slide. Make sure it's there, extended outward, and making good contact with the top of the slide. Check the side seals while you're there to be sure they're not twisted.

Since it's only two months old, take it to your dealer for inspection/warranty repairs.

Well, my RV went back to camping World for the inspection & what comes next. I did check the seals on top, the outside one was not making good contact with the top of the slide. Frankly, I’m sorry we bought this one. Obviously Heartland missed checking this one out, & Camping World doesn’t check the out either, WTF? (Sorry). Going to be writing letters on this one, grrr

Well, my RV went back to camping World for the inspection & what comes next. I did check the seals on top, the outside one was not making good contact with the top of the slide. Frankly, I’m sorry we bought this one. Obviously Heartland missed checking this one out, & Camping World doesn’t check the out either, WTF? (Sorry). Going to be writing letters on this one, grrr

Well, after leaving a message today on my rv, I did hear back from Camping World; the parts have been ordered, some have already been rec’d? I’ll be following up with Heartland tomorrow & staying on top of things.

Carol Robinson
2018 Mallard M28
2014 GMC Sierra 1500

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A prerequisite for working on a RV assembly line should be that you’ve owned one for 5 years and know how to tell the difference between a fastener hitting framing vs. thin air.

BrannonB

I agree!!! Our 2018 Pioneer leaks too. I got on it and found the top seal under the side seals, creating a channel to pour water in. The main slide was rubbing on one side, moved slide almost an inch, rear slide top inside seal wasn’t attached in the middle and would twist and roll out when slide was operated. Makes you wonder what the qualifications of QA are at Heartland.