What is "upgraded brakes" option (Bighorn)

try not to insult no 1,,,a question,,our build sheet shows upgraded brakes,,,what does this consist of???,,,also would a disc brake upgrade help over this and is it avail for a 2017 trailer.also had 17 other optional upgrades,,,is this pretty much normal for a bighorn???....thanks to all for infosorry for the caps in past,no clue,people take them wrong just much easier to read:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

SNOKING

Re: a breaking question

try not to insult no 1,,,a question,,our build sheet shows upgraded brakes,,,what does this consist of???,,,also would a disc brake upgrade help over this and is it avail for a 2017 trailer.also had 17 other optional upgrades,,,is this pretty much normal for a bighorn???....thanks to all for infosorry for the caps in past,no clue,people take them wrong just much easier to read:cool:

Upgraded brakes on a Bighorn most likely would be 8K axles with their wider brake shoes vs std 7K axles. I do not believe there was an option for disc. Chris

Upgraded brakes on a Bighorn most likely would be 8K axles with their wider brake shoes vs std 7K axles. I do not believe there was an option for disc. Chris
thanks chris,i think all disc brake conversions would be after market stuff...bill

jbeletti

Bill - disc brakes were an option on Bighorn for a short period. If yours had them, it would like show as "Disc Brakes" on the build sheet.

Disc brake upgrades are readily available in the aftermarket.

Kathi-27

the upgrade to bigger axles 8000 and brakes are worth it. stops a lot better than the 7000 axles and brakes.

esscobra

as above 8k axles and brakes are nearly double the size of the 7k units- have 3760 and on 3 you can stop truck and trailer with trailer brakes . well worth it- I tried to get the disc upgade but factory wouldn't do - after having the trailer 1 year im glad I didn't spend the extra $$$ as the upgrade is more than sufficient even when wet and fully loaded for a week trip w no hookups

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 50

Kathi-27

what esscobra said have controller on2.5 - 3 in traffic so not to be to jerky and 4-4.5 at hwy speeds.it stops real good