Awning arm replacement

Avofire

Recently one of my awning arms bent and the piston rod rusted. I am having them replaced with power Solera power arms. I chose these because I was told they can be angle for rain and wind. My original arms do not angle they move straight out and straight back.It is a power awning. The problem I am having is getting the parts from the company. Any ideas or should I look to another company for parts?

I have a North Trail 2013 21FBS the arms are Carefree

Last edited by a moderator:

MillerTime802

I need the vertical guide on one side of my awning on my Cyclone 5th wheel. I forgot to retract it and went to bed, a fricking wind storm happened pulling the vertical guide off the trailer and bending it. Fortunately, I was to straighten part of it but the bottom part broke because aluminum doesn't like to be bent more than once. I cut if off and works perfectly but the bottom 8" or so has a small bend in to so there's a gap of about 3/16" between the back of the guide and the face of the trailer. I used larger diameter self tapping screws and caulking to re-install the guide.....like 2x what Heartland used.

If anyone knows where you can purchase replacement "parts" for these awnings, I'd really like to know. it appears they want to sell a complete assembly!!!! Baaaaa.

Cabindoc

I had to replace arms 2x. You will have trouble replacing just a left or right. Going to have to replace both. I have replaced arms and cover. No roll yet. Can't find d where I bought, but google it.

Sent from my LM-T600 using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

I had to replace mine and I called the company that made our awning. They had an “open box” one because they set up a new one for displays at RV shows and can’t sell them as new. I suggest finding out which brand you have and contact them.

centerline

Ebay has arms, canvas and other parts individually.... the adjustable arms are the way to go...the adjustment can be set to whatever you need while its open, yet can be closed without needing to reset the adjustment, and when it opens again, the setting will be where you left it....great for breezy areas where you need the shade..