Slides starting and stopping

ljsexton

Have a 2015 Bighorn 3875FB bought in 2014. About a momth ago started having trouble with opposing slides in living area starting and stopping. Replaced batteries and 50 amp breaker. Still having same problem. One day on taking slides out voltage monitor went completely blank for a few seconds then came back on. Level up system also stopped and monitor went blank then came back on. We are stumped. Is there another breaker we need to replace or could it be the hydrolic pump motor? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Might want to check all of your ground connections from batteries to the frame. Remove clean and replace.
Just one place to start. Could be many other things but sounds like a ground problem to me.

Jerrod

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ljsexton

Have replaced all 50 amp breakers with same results; slides still stopping. Can wait a few seconds and they will continue the rest of the way out. Same happens when coming in. So we are still scratching our heads wondering what to try next.

danemayer

Have replaced all 50 amp breakers with same results; slides still stopping. Can wait a few seconds and they will continue the rest of the way out. Same happens when coming in. So we are still scratching our heads wondering what to try next.

With shore power and truck disconnected, wait 15 minutes and cycle your auto-levelup to read DC voltage. Should be 12.6V DC.

If you're certain that all breakers between batteries and hydraulic pump have been replaced, and you have new batteries that are delivering 12.6V, then:

assuming the problem is not limited to a single slideout, you appear to be losing power somewhere. Dirty or loose connections, or poor crimps, or corrosion can all do it. It's possible that the trombetta could be the problem, but I think that would be less likely.

If the problem only occurs with one slideout, there could be a mechanical bind causing the problem.

CDN

B and B
Hello,

I had similar issues with my 2017 3775 and opposing slides as well. I found that have anything less than fully charged batteries the breaker would open. When ever possible with low batteries I connect the truck running to provide extra capacity or has Dan mentioned have shore power connected.

I would check the batteries as well. I found the dealer lost the original stainless nuts for the battery posts and used cad plated, dissimilar metals corroded. I cleaned and changed to stainless and it was better.

One other thing might just be older batteries are in need of replacement. I have a battery tester and do check mine every season for capability.

RVJourney

Take a look at page 10 of our owner-written Hydraulic Slide Starts and Stops user guide.

This is a very well written article and hopefully will help me narrow down my issue. I have a 2018 Bighorn 3760EL with some large opposing hydraulic slides. It is just over one year old and in full time use. For the last 3-4 months, the slides will move a few inches and then stop. I will wait for 10 seconds and press the button again and sometimes there is a second stop and sometimes the slides will complete their travel. It happens with both extending and retracting.

In every instance so far, we have been able to fully extend and retract. Just want to make sure that if something is weak, then we could have a real issue at some point.

I plan to check the battery condition, battery connections, and then (if needed), replace the circuit breaker (page 9) that may have become weakened. Thanks again.

Randy
OurEpicRVJourney.com