Independent Suspension Upgrade to 8-year old FW

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Here is an old flier from 2017 National Rally. Obviously these are specials for attendees but you can still get a ballpark for pricing
MorRyde 2017 flier.jpg

Hogladyrider

Quick follow-up on our experience at MorRyde last week.

Absolutely positive experience all the way around. We spent the night before in the parking lot, did not get much sleep due to all the trains constantly pulling thru.

Thursday morning and Friday morning we enjoyed coffee, muffins snacks etc in the waiting lounge. Free lunch every day ordered from a different place each day. Got caught up on computer stuff in the waiting lounge as the wifi worked great.

The techs were also great, we were informed every step of the way and allowed in the bay to take photos, which I have posted on the Heartland Cyclone FB page as well as FB Toy Hauler Fans page. We visited an Amish bakery and brought the guys some goodies and they were very appreciative.

2nd night we slept in our RV in the bay, it was much quieter except for the horn/whistle that blows to signify break time start/stop...they run 3 shifts 24 hours a day and it woke me up out of a dead sleep thought the world was coming to an end. Needless to say we caught up on our sleep Friday night!

The work hours are 6 am until 2 pm and we departed our 2nd day 100% completed and paid for at 2:30 pm.

Our ride is smooth as a baby's bottom and we are very happy we made the investment in our home on wheels. We went from 7k to 8k with new Goodyear G114 17.5 tires and wheels as well.

It is a busy place we met several other couples in for service for different reasons. One thing we learned is that MorRyde sells the IS to different RV mfgs for installation on their own RVs BUT that doesn't mean that the installation is the same as it is at MoRrde! One couple was in with a high end 5th wheel, and their IS had been bolted in ILO welded as they do at MoRryde and now it was being "fixed" at the factory.

We did our homework and we knew going in what the cost would be and there were no surprises, we feel very good that we got our monies worth, no regrets. No hesitation to recommend MoRryde's services.

Susan

SLO

I followed hogladyrider 3 days later at MorRyde getting IS put on. My experience was about exactly the same except for power going out on the first nite.

Went from 7k to 8k axles. They put on rubber springs to match the weight of my trailer. The 7ks are very beefy and the 8ks are even more beefy. There is a solid rectangular bar of steel the spindle is attached to on one end and the big pivot rod is attached to on the other end. The bar is about 2” thick on the 8k and about 1 1/2” thick on the 7k.

Can’t say I noticed a lot of difference in the ride, but some. My reason for getting IS was having a reliable suspension for our planned trip to Alaska next year. Seems too many springs and shackles break on that trip.

Two 8 hour days to do the job. I already had Titan disc breaks. They rerouted the brake lines some. They like them on the inside of the frame in case of a tire blow out. Not sure if I can put price in here but it’s not cheap. About the same as four lithium batteries . I did get a rally price when I asked about it.

The second day Montana was having a rally close by and about 60 people were taking a tour of the mfg. plant. I just kinda snuck along. WOW! Do they make a lot of parts and a real quality process. I think the said about 30% of their parts are made for others. Also, talked to several people on the floor. Asked if they liked working for MorRyde. Every one of them was very happy working there. They take good care of their employees.

As MorRyde expanded, they bought up the houses around their original buildings. One couple didn’t want to move. They are in heir 90s. MorRyde bought their house and now let’s them live there free for the rest of their lives and takes care of their maintenance. That was a wonderful thing to do. MorRyde already has a great reputation for quality products and great customer service. I don’t think they needed positive press on a human interest story. The owners of the company are just good people and that is reflected all the way down through the company. No wonder we all walk away from there satisfied.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

212Pilot

We are fulltimers and we have an appt at MORryde in September to upgrade from 7k to 8k IS suspension and new wheels and tires on our 2017 Cyclone 3611JS.

We have tossed and thought long and hard about this decision. We have opted to keep our Cyclone rather than trade or get another RV. This is our 3rd Heartland product, two previous Big Horns. We have this RV how we enjoy living and traveling in it and the thought of "breaking in" another RV makes me shiver! Especially with all the "quality" issues posted on the web these days, that I believe are mostly attributed to the boom in the RV industry.

We've added pantry shelving, fixed a kitchen sink that was literally falling out because it never had any brackets installed, replaced a defective GF that came from the factory and we had no lights in half of the RV from the time we left the dealer until we got a replacement from Heartland.

We have replaced the sofa with two recliners. In a nutshell we have our "home" the way we like it and therefore for us this upgrade and expense is worth it.

We are going into this expenditure fully aware that we will never get the money we put in back out and our outlook is, financially it is a better option than trading now and purchasing another new RV. We have Alaska on our bucket list for summer of 2020 with our Cyclone.

We've shopped, priced every which way we can think of and we are comfortable with our decision to go with the MORryde 8kIS and wheel and tire upgrade.....but we realize it is not for everyone.

Susan

I hope it works out for you. We have a 2017 Cyclone 3800 and have hauled it to Alaska twice. The roads are not that bad but we broke the rear shackles off on the way up last year. Broke a rear spring on the way up in April. Two weeks ago we broke two rear spring hanger bolts (MorRyde wet bolts which they replaced) and broke one of the rear spring hangers coming through Denver. So now we are considering the IS and looking for reviews.
BTW look us up in Valdez when you get to Alaska.

SLO

I hope it works out for you. We have a 2017 Cyclone 3800 and have hauled it to Alaska twice. The roads are not that bad but we broke the rear shackles off on the way up last year. Broke a rear spring on the way up in April. Two weeks ago we broke two rear spring hanger bolts (MorRyde wet bolts which they replaced) and broke one of the rear spring hangers coming through Denver. So now we are considering the IS and looking for reviews.
BTW look us up in Valdez when you get to Alaska.

We’re going to Alaska next year, 2019. Your post is exactly why I put the MorRyde IS on mine. Thanks a bunch. These type of posts really help with my justification to my wife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk