Grey tanks 1&2

jimtoo

Hi Pavinguy,

It would be better to add info about the unit you have. But normally the tanks on most all units are not connected to equalize filling.

Jim M

danemayer

If the gate valves are closed, there's no connection. If open, and if you also have a twist-on external gate valve at the sewer outlet, water will run from one to another. But they may or may not be at the same height - varies by model and floor plan.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If you have two separate gray tank drains outside on the bottom of your Cyclone...chances are they are not connected.

My previous Heartland Trail Runner TT had front and rear gray tanks (rear kitchen model) and had two gray tank drains.

I did have a 'Y' connector that I put on the drain hoses, but for dumping only...not running water from one gray tank to the other.

You can see it in this photo:

TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095110323.jpg

Can you tell me if my grey tanks have seperate dump valves. I have two handles labeled grey. Locations unmarked. 1 valve trickles water. The other has no flow. Black empties as it should. There was at least 20 Gal. in tank. Can' rinse black tank. I've looked for schematic for my 2018 Big CountryModel 4011ERD

danemayer

Can you tell me if my grey tanks have seperate dump valves. I have two handles labeled grey. Locations unmarked. 1 valve trickles water. The other has no flow. Black empties as it should. There was at least 20 Gal. in tank. Can' rinse black tank. I've looked for schematic for my 2018 Big CountryModel 4011ERD

Here's a typical UDC layout for coaches with a 4 Way Anderson Valve and 1 bathroom. The black tank flush is circled. There are 3 pull handles. Gray 1 at the top, then Gray 2, then Black tank. Gray 1 is usually the bathroom shower and sink, and washer drain. Gray 2 is usually the galley.

Black Tank Flush Fitting.jpg