ATF: Landmark - 2019 with multiple problems

Purchased 2019 Landmark Phoenix 12/ 27 18. Before leaving dealer the jacks failed and they fixed, then they had to replace LP regulator as it was leaking. Drove 18 miles to our snowbird location. With in the first week of ownership the list grew by the day. The black and gray tanks are falling out. The fresh water tank is also sagging down. No air flow from front or rear ac units. Only one heat pump but option on 2nd ac unit not installed. Slid leaked on first rain shower. Tank monitors always show 2/3rd and 1/3rd full. Electric reel rubbing on belly pan. No 12 volt to camera at rear. No signs of solar prep anywhere. Drawer slides failing. Lights have a mind of their own and do strange things. Of the 8 usb ports on my build sheet we have failed to have 7 of them to be found. Marker lights road side are falling off. That was the first week and reported to dealer the first week. Yesterday (1/15/19 they sent a tech. out to secure the black tank so we can now take in for repair. I question if any one else has these issues or just me? Highly disappointed with dealer pre delivery check and disgusted with the manufacturer for turning out this kind of substandard product.

Most of the problems have been repaired after 3 days at dealer. Still waiting on a few repairs from dealer and have talked with Landmark and they have been helpful . Waiting for them to return with information and when problems and missing equipment will be addressed.

Last edited:

CDN

B and B
Hello,

Sorry to hear of the what appears to be the Dealer not doing a through PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) on the trailer.

There is a PDI on this forum developed by Oregon Camper that might be helpful going over the whole trailer and making sure all things are caught

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org...n Checklist from Oregon_Camper 06-07-2017.pdf

There is also an option to contact Heartland directly on these issues and they opt to have a mobile tech address some issues.

Contact for Heartland.

Heartland RVs, LLC - Customer Service - 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Brian

pegmikef

Purchased 2019 Landmark Phoenix 12/ 27 18. Before leaving dealer the jacks failed and they fixed, then they had to replace LP regulator as it was leaking. Drove 18 miles to our snowbird location. With in the first week of ownership the list grew by the day. The black and gray tanks are falling out. The fresh water tank is also sagging down. No air flow from front or rear ac units. Only one heat pump but option on 2nd ac unit not installed. Slid leaked on first rain shower. Tank monitors always show 2/3rd and 1/3rd full. Electric reel rubbing on belly pan. No 12 volt to camera at rear. No signs of solar prep anywhere. Drawer slides failing. Lights have a mind of their own and do strange things. Of the 8 usb ports on my build sheet we have failed to have 7 of them to be found. Marker lights road side are falling off. That was the first week and reported to dealer the first week. Yesterday (1/15/19 they sent a tech. out to secure the black tank so we can now take in for repair. I question if any one else has these issues or just me? Highly disappointed with dealer pre delivery check and disgusted with the manufacturer for turning out this kind of substandard product.!

Gee, I have had more problems than I want to enumerate with my 2018 Landmark, but yours make mine seem like kindergarden. While I am not pleased with the problems I have had I am pleased with the support I have received from the Heartland service folks, my dealer (T&S Enterprises, Navasota, TX), Jim Beletti and a lot of other Heartlanders. Fortunately, I have been able to fix almost all of the problems myself and/or with the assistance of others. Heartland service has been very good about providing me the parts I required and guiding me through the procedure to use a third party repair service for a repair beyond my capability. I agree that a lot of the problems were the result of shoddy workmanship in some cases, but at least Heartland has remediated all of mine so far. As has already been stated it sounds like the dealer did not do a thorough PDI. My wife in I spent 3 full days staying in our new rig (in pouring rain) to check everything we could, but I could tell the dealer's techs had done a good job of going over it before we got there. Good luck and if you aren't satisfied with the dealer's performance contact the Heartland Service folks.

Sounds horrible.....just curious, how did you know the black, and gray tanks were falling down?

They are hanging down in plain view. Also the only thing holding them up was the insulation and under wrap which was tore loose and hanging down. The other obvious indicator was all the level gages were reading 2/3 full from first day. With the tanks sagging down they will not drain comply.

sgtstinger

2018 Phoenix......same crud, different day. Ours is currently at the dealership and has been there since Nov. The list just keeps growing. Hydraulic ram leaking, lighting issues, light fixtures falling out of the ceiling, tank valves inoperable, AC issues, just to name a few off of a list of over 100 things that are currently wrong with the unit or were wrong that have been fixed. That said, Heartland has been great, email thru Dealer Services, and our Dealership, Wades RV, has been phenomenal! Without them, well, I don’t know how sane I would be right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk