MORryde CRE 3000 issue

Dmetcalf

We’re currently at our destination and as I was doing my walk around to make sure everything was ok I found this (see attached pic). I called a local mobile RV repair guy that states he is approved to work on Heartland rv’s. Since both top and bottom bolts are gone along with the brackets I ordered an upgraded kit on Amazon to be delivered before the repair guy is due to arrive in 3 days (it is Memorial Day weekend). It just irritates me that this happens so often (as I have read online). Just glad I found it and it isn’t any worse than it is. AAF4E8A0-6497-46C2-A9D4-6BD8381CB355.jpg

mlpeloquin

Remember that this is not just a Heartland problem. Most builders use the same parts from Lippert, or Dexter.

Fox

When I first heard of wet bolts I thought it was a great idea for an upgrade - but over the years I've heard of many similar failures.
I chose to pass.

Dmetcalf

When I first heard of wet bolts I thought it was a great idea for an upgrade - but over the years I've heard of many similar failures.
I chose to pass.

I replaced the hardware with the upgraded wet bolt kit with the much heavier shackles. The one that’s missing in in pic was the stock set up with the thinner schakkes and plastic bushings vs bronze bushings in the upgrade kit.

Matt750

We’re currently at our destination and as I was doing my walk around to make sure everything was ok I found this (see attached pic). I called a local mobile RV repair guy that states he is approved to work on Heartland rv’s. Since both top and bottom bolts are gone along with the brackets I ordered an upgraded kit on Amazon to be delivered before the repair guy is due to arrive in 3 days (it is Memorial Day weekend). It just irritates me that this happens so often (as I have read online). Just glad I found it and it isn’t any worse than it is. View attachment 61876

How many miles do you have on your rig? We’re any of the roads abnormally rough? Just wondering because we have the same rig. I’m always inspecting those shackles because of so many failures. It seems like a lot of the failures have been with the wet bolt kit, however I know our rigs didn’t come with the wet bolt kit, so it has me curious.

chiefneon

We’re currently at our destination and as I was doing my walk around to make sure everything was ok I found this (see attached pic). I called a local mobile RV repair guy that states he is approved to work on Heartland rv’s. Since both top and bottom bolts are gone along with the brackets I ordered an upgraded kit on Amazon to be delivered before the repair guy is due to arrive in 3 days (it is Memorial Day weekend). It just irritates me that this happens so often (as I have read online). Just glad I found it and it isn’t any worse than it is. View attachment 61876

Howdy!

Is it just me are does it appear that the axle is bent also?

” Happy Trails “
Chiefneon

Dmetcalf

How many miles do you have on your rig? We’re any of the roads abnormally rough? Just wondering because we have the same rig. I’m always inspecting those shackles because of so many failures. It seems like a lot of the failures have been with the wet bolt kit, however I know our rigs didn’t come with the wet bolt kit, so it has me curious.

We purchased this rig in Jan. 2019 and this was only the third trip (all trips were within 100 mi. From the house) so maybe 600 miles at most. Two other shackles had the stock bolts so loose you could turn them by hand. We think the bolts fell out and that’s why the stock shackles were gone as well..? I’m just glad 🙏I noticed it before I moved it to go back home. That could have been catastrophic truthfully..!

Dmetcalf

We purchased this rig in Jan. 2019 and this was only the third trip (all trips were within 100 mi. From the house) so maybe 600 miles at most. Two other shackles had the stock bolts so loose you could turn them by hand. We think the bolts fell out and that’s why the stock shackles were gone as well..? I’m just glad 🙏I noticed it before I moved it to go back home. That could have been catastrophic truthfully..!
Heartland is covering our out of pocket expenses..! This is part of the reason why we are so happy we decided to purchase a Heartland product because they DO stand behind their products..!!!
Thank you Heartland..!