MORryde CRE/3000 problem

SteamboatSailor

We just returned from a trip CO to Alaska; maiden voyage for our 2018 RW 427. No toys yet, so garage had maybe 500lbs of bikes, tools, etc. Roads up north are rough; even though paved there are frequent patches of frost heave & bypasses around areas of road repair. Throughout the trip I was diligent about maintaining 110lbs tire pressure (manufacturer's spec) in the Sailun tires, checking lug nut torque, & driving slowly across rough spots in the road. On the return, one morning doing the pre-departure inspection I noticed the rear tire on driver's side had excessive wear when 500 mi. earlier it looked fine. To make a long story short, we drove another 250 mi. on that tire & it showed no additional wear. In Kamloops, BC I replaced that tire with a new one. We drove the final 1400 mi. home & the new tire looks fine. Upon thorough inspection of the suspension after we got home I see that the CRE3000 spring carriers & control arms are all jacked out of position...see attached pics.
We're just starting the process of getting the rig to a shop for repair; just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue with the CRE3000. Is it possible that the torque on the bolts was not set properly at installation?

Edit with new info from MORryde.... I received a call back from Jennifer @ MORryde, & they've been diligent about following up. The first comment Jennifer made was that they see this frequently when a coach is not being pulled level, & that it sometimes happens on delivery of a new coach (insinuating that the transport companies aren't always careful to make sure the coach is level on their delivery run). I had measured the level of our coach when we 1st hooked to the truck & (sitting in a paved parking lot) we were less than 1" out of level measuring from the frame to the asphalt front & back. Reinforces the importance of "running level"....

Attachments

• RF CRE control  arm inside.jpg
    RF CRE control arm inside.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 336
  • LF CRE control arm.jpg
    LF CRE control arm.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 309
  • RR CRE bracket.JPG
    RR CRE bracket.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 308
  • LR CRE bracket.JPG
    LR CRE bracket.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 285
  • LR unusual wear text.jpg
    LR unusual wear text.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

Dennyha

Last weekend, I noticed that the one side of my SRE/4000 suspension failed.IMG_1364.jpg

I called Mor/Ryde. After supplying pictures, they promptly sent out a replacement. I did notice some inside tire wear on the side where I had the suspension failure.

The attached thumbnail picture shows what the SRE/4000 should look like.

Attachments

• IMG_1363.jpg
    IMG_1363.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 220

SteamboatSailor

Last weekend, I noticed that the one side of my SRE/4000 suspension failed.View attachment 54681

I called Mor/Ryde. After supplying pictures, they promptly sent out a replacement. I did notice some inside tire wear on the side where I had the suspension failure.

Do you have name/number for the person you talked to at Mor/ryde? I called them & left a VM a few minutes ago, but haven't heard back.

cstarr26

I bought a used unit from out of state and had it transported 1400 miles to my home. When it got here the rear set of tires had wear on the inside edge just like yours...and I noticed it also had the CRE/3000 system on it. I replaced the tires but until I read your post no one could give me a valid explanation for this wear as well I had it checked-out ate the local RV dealership for any alignment problems..they found nothing. After reading your post I have decided to replace the CRE/3000 system with the new factory Dextor equalizers with the wet bolt option. Thanks for the post Steamboat... I think you saved me lots of tires...lol

wdk450

I bought a used unit from out of state and had it transported 1400 miles to my home. When it got here the rear set of tires had wear on the inside edge just like yours...and I noticed it also had the CRE/3000 system on it. I replaced the tires but until I read your post no one could give me a valid explanation for this wear as well I had it checked-out ate the local RV dealership for any alignment problems..they found nothing. After reading your post I have decided to replace the CRE/3000 system with the new factory Dextor equalizers with the wet bolt option. Thanks for the post Steamboat... I think you saved me lots of tires...lol

I would be VERY WARY of any trailer wheel alignment check done by an RV dealer. The trailers SHOULD be aligned on a laser truck alignment rack, and the tube axles (if not Independent Suspension) being bent into alignment with a U shaped frame and an air/hydraulic bottle jack. I have never seen an RV dealer have anything more in alignment than a tape rule.

Looking around on the internet for your home town, you might want to talk to these guys: https://mcbridesinc.com/service/

RoadJunkie

I just changed out my Mor/Ryde 3000 units for EZ Flex w/wet bolts. No ride check yet.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I just changed out my Mor/Ryde 3000 units for EZ Flex w/wet bolts. No ride check yet.
Please let us know if you can tell any difference! Our new Cyclone has the CRE3000 and it seems to ride a lot better than our previous Cyclone with EZ Flex but it's 2 different coaches.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Last weekend, I noticed that the one side of my SRE/4000 suspension failed.View attachment 54681

Did you have any warning this was happening? When did you install your SRE4000?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

212Pilot

The same thing happened to mine when the rear spring hanger broke. Lippert paid for replacement parts.

Dennyha

Did you have any warning this was happening? When did you install your SRE4000?

Our first clue was when I was backing into a site, we heard the tire on one side rubbing the inside of the wheel well. I didn’t understand why it was rubbing. On looking closer, I saw the issue with the SRE/4000.

It happened about 2 months after installation.