Dsi fault light

The dsi flt light is staying on when I try to use the propane hot water heater. It's got gas, I've bled the lines and same result. It works on electric. Any suggestions. I bought this trailer brand new last winter and it's barely been used.

Thanks!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

wdk450

As with ANY appliance/equipment questions, posting the Manufacturer and Model number of the device will help the forum members give out the right advice.

I found this generic Suburban water heater manual online: http://waterheatertimer.org/pdf/Suburban_Water_Heater_Service_Manual.pdf
I would start out checking the spark electrode gap, (on page 14) both for the burner flame ignition, and measuring that a flame is still lit. A very small (1 microamp) measurement current is run through the the ionized gas of the flame from the spark electrode to ground to detect that the flame is lit. If the flame goes out due to wind or other factors, the circuit is opened, and the DSI light comes on.

I don't know much about Atwood water heaters; I would try to look up a manual online if you need this.

NP_Chief

OK that means your hot water heater failed to start. It tried 3 times and locked out. Direct Spark Ignitor fault (flt). You probably have air in the line and it needs to be flushed out. I usually just run my stove top on 3 burners for a minute to bleed the air out. Just turn the hot water heater off for a minute or so and it should try again 3 more times till it lights.

david-steph2018

Our unit has an Atwood heater, it did close to the same issue. When I tested my the control board had went out, we had our unit only 19 months. In the tool tab on top of the page you can find the manuals there.
Since our unit was out of the 1 year warranty I went back to the dealer for the replacement board, $190.00. Since Atwood has a 2 year warranty I called them and they said a "tech or dealer needs to call and explain the board is bad." When the dealer (Holman's in Cincinnati) called Atwood and explained Atwood sent them a replacement board to return to their stock. Once Holman's received the board they refunded our money.
Assuming your unit is new call Heartland with your vin#, Heartland has in the past for us authorized a mobile repair guy to come out and fix some issues. But with this you will pay the service call fees.
If your heater is an Atwood the control board is simple to remove, and maybe take to a dealer to bench test, if you need to.

Here is the manual link to troubleshot the Atwood
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/Plumbing/Wtr_Heater/Atwood/Atwood%20Water%20Heater%20Service%20Manual.pdf[/FONT]

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Just an FYI

I had to replace the board in our 2018 Cyclone after 26 months. ($130.00 on Amazon) The new board worked fine. About a month after the installation I thought I would turn in the electric as well to speed up the heating process. It blew the board. I wont do that again.