Replacing couch with Theatre Seats Possible?

yamasaki

Hello, new member here,

We have a 2016 Elkridge E255 Fifth Wheel. The wife wants to replace the couch with two theatre set recliners.

Is this something we can easily do?

If the recliners are electric, is there 110v wiring nearby I can access?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

danemayer

Hi yamasaki,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Hopefully another E255 owner will be able to give you some advice.

Oldelevatorman

Welcome to the forum and to the Owners Club. Have you moved the couch out to see if there’s a plug behind or anywhere on the wall that it is against? The couch may be fastened to the floor too! If not you may have to find the 110v wiring that is in the underbelly and splice into that if you need power. Just some suggestions. We’re changing out the couch and recliners in our Landmark for something better as well. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yamasaki

Welcome to the forum and to the Owners Club. Have you moved the couch out to see if there’s a plug behind or anywhere on the wall that it is against? The couch may be fastened to the floor too! If not you may have to find the 110v wiring that is in the underbelly and splice into that if you need power. Just some suggestions. We’re changing out the couch and recliners in our Landmark for something better as well. Good luck!

I haven't tried moving the couch yet other than just grabbing it and trying to move it. It does appear to be fastened somehow, which, is the main reason i signed up and posted here to see if i could get some detailed/precise guidance.

I could always crawl around and try to figure it out myself. That's always how i end up breaking things. :)

Virgil

I haven't tried moving the couch yet other than just grabbing it and trying to move it. It does appear to be fastened somehow, which, is the main reason i signed up and posted here to see if i could get some detailed/precise guidance.

I could always crawl around and try to figure it out myself. That's always how i end up breaking things. :)

Your couch will be anchored to the floor with screws on the inside in the rear at each end... you just open up the couch as if you are gonna use it for a bed, you should see a small block of wood or a metal bracket with the anchor screws...

Your couch is probably located on a slide, if it is, you should contact Lippert to get specific weight limits on how much your slides can handle without causing damage to your slide. If the couch isn't located on a slide out, you're good to go... as for electricity, you'll have to run your own ... good luck

yamasaki

Your couch will be anchored to the floor with screws on the inside in the rear at each end... you just open up the couch as if you are gonna use it for a bed, you should see a small block of wood or a metal bracket with the anchor screws...

Your couch is probably located on a slide, if it is, you should contact Lippert to get specific weight limits on how much your slides can handle without causing damage to your slide. If the couch isn't located on a slide out, you're good to go... as for electricity, you'll have to run your own ... good luck

perfect. thank you. exactly what i was looking for.

luckily the couch is not on a slide... the dinette opposite is, so, thats one less variable...

thank you again

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Be sure to check the depth of the theater seats so they will clear the slides when retracting them.

I would like to supplement it. When carrying out such manipulations, be sure to monitor your actions so as not to disturb the wiring

Oldelevatorman

When looking at recliners/ theatre seats, if the back fabric has Velcro on the bottom it will come apart so it’ll be easier to get in the door. Your couch should also come apart so it can go out the door. RecPro builds furniture exclusively for RV’s. They are online! We recently purchased a new hide-a-bed to fit in our Landmark from a local furniture store but it wouldn’t fit thru the 28”door so we had to send it back. Our two new recliners came in two pieces. We ordered a new sofa bed from RecPro and it comes in three pieces. We should get it this week!