Generator runs but no power

Chilidav

Currently out camping and my generator stopped producing AC power. All circuit breakers have been checked and I swapped the GFI outlet in the bathroom. I'm out of ideas. Been seeing something about an automatic transfer switch but I wouldn't even know where to start looking for it. Fuel 305 with Onan 4000 generator. Worse case I'll take it in for service when I get back. Just sucks 3 months old and 3rd trip out.

Chilidav

Thank you for the link to the user manual. Unfortunately I had checked all breakers including the one on the generator. Crazy thing is non of the breakers ever trip which is why I'm thinking the transfer switch might be the culprit. Power is just not being supplied kind of like it's getting stopped before getting to the trailer inside.

danemayer

Could be the transfer switch. If the generator supplies >105V AC to leg 1 going into the transfer switch, you should hear a loud clunk from the transfer switch as it activates. If you hear the clunk noise, you should probably investigate the transfer switch.

If no clunk noise, look for the junction box near the generator where the generator output wires connect to the wires going into the transfer switch.

Lynn1130

The "clunk" is usually a little delayed from when you start the generator. At least with mine. Could be about 10-15 seconds after the start.