Thread: bighorn 3585RL Water leaking during rain in my basement from aluminium rail above driver side door

1. Print this Post   #1

bighorn 3585RL Water leaking during rain in my basement from aluminium rail above driver side door

I have a 2013 bighorn 3585 RL. I notice rain dripping a lot during rain the other day. it is dripping from the top of the piece of aluminium rail on the top of the frame (toward the front of the rig) of my basement door on the driver side. Caulking looks good around the door frame. Has anyone ever have this happen? Thanks

2. Print this Post   #2
    Prolifically Gabby Member JohnDar's Avatar

Re: bighorn 3585RL Water leaking during rain in my basement from aluminium rail above driver side door

It may be passing over the top of the door panel and seeping past the gasket. My doors absorbed rain/snow melt and blistered badly. After replacing the doors, I mounted a section of roof gutter above them to direct run-off away from the openings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Camp Gotchurwallett
    John & Darlene (with feline fuzzbutts Ally, Merlin & Mickey)
    Max the Cat - RIP
    2009 GMC 3500HD SLT CC D/A DRW
    2009 Bighorn 3670RL

H.O.C. #1225

3. Print this Post   #3

Re: bighorn 3585RL Water leaking during rain in my basement from aluminium rail above driver side door

I'll take a look at that today. I'll see if I can find that. thanks

4. Print this Post   #4
    Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired simsfmly's Avatar

Happens to ours, but it depends on the direction of the rain to be honest. That makes me think it's something on the side vs. the roof.

I'll find that little leak someday.
    Bob Sims,
    On the road since 2010
    Ohio Chapter Leader 2015-2017
    Read Our Blog

2013 RV.net Sweetheart Rally (Kerrville, TX), Ohio Spring Rally (Millersburg, OH), North American Rally (Goshen, IN)
    2014 North Texas Spring & Fall Rally (Santo, TX & Bullard, TX), South Texas Fall Rally (Montgomery, TX)
    2015 Ohio Fall Rally (Delaware, OH), Indiana Fall Rally (Shipshewana, IN), North Texas Fall Rally (Bullard, TX)
    2016 North Central Regional Rally (Chatham, IL), Ohio Fall Rally (Brookville, OH), Michigan Fall Rally (Marshall, MI)
    2017 Ohio Fall Rally (Port Clinton, OH)
    2018 none
    2019 Alabama Spring Rally (Foley, AL), South Carolina Spring Rally (Cleveland, SC)

5. Print this Post   #5

Was not able to find the time to get to it. I closed the bedroom slide and it hasn't leaked during any rain since. It is winter time now, I guess when I pull it out of storage I'll have to find the leak.