Lippert system issue

So, I’ve got a 2018, 429. Since purchasing I’ve had an issue with the Lippert system. After leveling up the front jacks leak all the way down while putting the slides out. Dealer has tried everything. They replaced the front jacks twice, a few solenoids, and a handful of other things. Lippert techs have tried as well. Now Lippert is telling them there’s a manifold in there that shouldn’t be. Has anyone else experienced this?
thanks in advance.

danemayer

If the jacks retract unintentionally, ONLY while retracting the slides, and the jacks have been replaced, the problem is that the valve that controls operation of the jacks is not closed. When the hydraulic pump is activated to retract the slides, fluid will also move through ANY open valve.

If the jacks retract very slowly when operating the slide, slower than when retracting them alone, the valve is partially open. If they retract at normal speed, the valve is completely open.

There is typically a setscrew on the top of the valve that should be turned fully counterclockwise to manually close the valve. Just finger tight.

IF the dealer replaced that solenoid/valve, the should have checked the setscrew as well. But who knows? In fact, who knows if they replaced the correct solenoid/valve?

This is easy to check/correct. You need only follow the hydraulic hoses from the jacks back to the solenoid/valve assembly and use a 1/8" allen wrench to check the screw. Counter-clockwise, finger tight.

I'm wondering if the system worked correctly for a while after the dealer repair. If so, you might have crud in the hydraulic fluid, that's getting stuck in the valve. But if the problem is always with the front jacks only, that would seem unlikely.