Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Durabak on the deck/ramp

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: Durabak on the deck/ramp

Just got our Cyclone with side and rear porches about 3 months ago. Did a bunch of research and was concerned about soggy decks. Decided to use a truck bed paint (Rynoliner I think) that I got at Lowes. Sealed the obvious intrusion area with a good paintable bathroom caulking and then brushed it right over the top. Used 2 thick coats which covered the aluminum into the decking surface. 1 qt worked perfect. Has held up ok. Actually really well, except for on the aluminum. I should have etched it with scotchbright perhaps. To be clear. It is perfect except where the fence rails swing over and scrape the aluminum parts. I try to raise it over to not scratch it now.
    Fwiw I did call Lippert and talked to an engineer. Asked her about the failing floors. Asked her if it was just on the older ones and maybe the new ones were redesigned and ok?! She said, yea she knows of the issue, which is still on the new ones. I asked her what Lippert’s recommendations are. She seriously said, “just stow the porch when it rains.” Wtf?
    I said, the reason I purchased this unit is so I can still sit outside in a light rain and not get all wet and soggy in the mud. She then says, “wow, yea. I never thought of that.”
    Those are the same people designing our trailers.
    Troy
    2020 Cyclone 4270
    2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Max Payload

2. Print this Post   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_my_beer View Post
    Just got our Cyclone with side and rear porches about 3 months ago. Did a bunch of research and was concerned about soggy decks. Decided to use a truck bed paint (Rynoliner I think) that I got at Lowes. Sealed the obvious intrusion area with a good paintable bathroom caulking and then brushed it right over the top. Used 2 thick coats which covered the aluminum into the decking surface. 1 qt worked perfect. Has held up ok. Actually really well, except for on the aluminum. I should have etched it with scotchbright perhaps. To be clear. It is perfect except where the fence rails swing over and scrape the aluminum parts. I try to raise it over to not scratch it now.
    Fwiw I did call Lippert and talked to an engineer. Asked her about the failing floors. Asked her if it was just on the older ones and maybe the new ones were redesigned and ok?! She said, yea she knows of the issue, which is still on the new ones. I asked her what Lippert’s recommendations are. She seriously said, “just stow the porch when it rains.” Wtf?
    I said, the reason I purchased this unit is so I can still sit outside in a light rain and not get all wet and soggy in the mud. She then says, “wow, yea. I never thought of that.”
    Those are the same people designing our trailers.
    Troy
    Does your Cyclone come with Lippert ramps? Our Road Warrior has Challenger made on it. Our unit is a 2018.
    During the factory tour at the National Rally we were told Heartland had switched to Challenger made, just wondering if they had switched back to Lippert made products.

3. Print this Post   #13

Been busy, sorry for the delay.
    Went out and checked, yep its a Challenger. Funny. The rep at lippert didn't question me.
    Have anyone had issues with the Challengers? Would be nice to not worry about stuff like this.
    Troy
    2020 Cyclone 4270
    2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Max Payload

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2