how do you stop the leak in the shower?

flyfishing48

"Panels are held to shower pan only by silicone caulk. Side channels are held by about 4 screws. Top frame is one piece and ties the three sections together. Doors and panels fit together in verticle groove which allows for adjustment of angle of the two panels."
So if I understand this... the top frame would be unscrewed from where it meets the wall on each side and then lift off the other panels?

talley

That is right. Screws are removed from the top and bottom of the frame work secured to the walls and the wall panel pulls out of the channel. If you are disassembling... the base of the panels are secured by silicone caulk. You will need a slender blade or putty knife to seperate the frame from the shower pan. Of course you would be careful to not scuff or scratch the gloss fiberglass surface of the shower pan.

This all depends on the shower being the same construction as my '06 Bighorn!!!!!

Jerry

lhetsler

leaks in basement

I was finding water in my basement and discovered that it was coming through the holes that are cut in the boxed in area where the city water, tanks dumps etc are. I was spilling just enough water when I filled the tank and used the black water cleanout. I looseded the screws holding these connection and use silicone to seal them real good and have not had andy further problem. It was not a lot of water, but any water in the basement is alarming.

talley

Jim... all the leaks I found from my shower were from the inside as well. I have not found any from the outside :D. That being said, I did find that the gap formed at the lower corner of the shower (outside wall side) is quite large. Easy to caulk from inside shower, but difficult to ensure the caulk completely fills the void. I had to come back from the outside and add additional caulk as compressed air indicated incomplete closure. The working space is the narrow space between the glass shower panel and the vanity. Had to pump a glob of silicone out and placed it by hand into the gap. Should have done this when I originally caulked, but I thought caulking into the void from the inside would seal the space.

I had not initially applied any caulk to the glass panel where the bead gasket is present. Compressed air indicated it was not sealed and I ran a smooth bead at the corner of the glass and along the bottom - over the existing gasket. It solved my problem:):):) Thank goodness. Had the problem long enough

Duramax1

Tom

We have the same model as you and I also thought that the shower was leaking when we experienced water in front of the entertainment center.
Turns out that was not the problem at all, it was a loose connection on the water heater.

flyfishing48

Duramax1,
Thanks for the heads up. My water has been on the floor in the shower area, so far anyway. I'll keep an eye on the water heater fittings.

Tom