Which Pin Box? MorRyde, Fifth Airborne or TrailAir

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Erika,
As I recall, it was to the depth of the notches that I trimmed the plastic to get the shroud to fit as you see in my photos. I got the info from another member before I did mine.

rick_debbie_gallant

Ya, but who is going to see it unless they are standing right over it. A little white or black duct tape does wonders. Or even body puty or even custom lights!

PSF513

I have an F250 with Firestone airbags and a TrailAir pin box. The combo takes out most of the bumps but certainly not all.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ya, but who is going to see it unless they are standing right over it. A little white or black duct tape does wonders. Or even body puty or even custom lights!

whatchubetalkinbout?? If you're talking about mine, it looks like it was made for it...almost. Not a speck of duct tape.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I'm a newbie and was introduced to chucking yesterday bringing home our (new to us) '11 Cyclone 3850.
I'm pulling with a '12 Dodge 3500 DRW with heavy tow package and a B&W Companion hitch.
I learned from B&W that the tightening sequence when installing the companion can make a big difference. I used a grease plate after reinstalling the Companion and between the 2 I found a noticable improvement.
After reading the experiences here I'm coming to the conclusion that there really is no definite answer since there are so many variables involved...ie tow vehicle, trailer, hitch, suspension on vehicle and trailer, etc.
I'm finding out very quickly that I have a lot to learn as an RV owner!

Westwind

Hi - we just went from a TT to a Fifth Wheel and I bought a Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch, it has two air bags and so far I have been impressed even though I have nothing to compare it too. I really was anxious about the ride we were going to get with our Heartland Bighorn 3070RL and this hitch along with our 2008 GMC Sierra D/A shortbed. We just completed a 3000 mile or so trip to Florida and back to Rhode Island and the combo worked well and anyone who travels that route knows you do some bouncing around once you get into the New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut area on the transitions from roadbed to overpass and back again.
Some people might want to think about a built in compressor on the truck, I use a portable and fill the bags after the truck trailer is hitch which means I have to climb into the bed to do it. So there are a lot of things to think about and look into before you buy the hitch. I have the basic Heartland hitch pin (Lippert).

http://www.trailersaver.com/products.php

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I'm a newbie and was introduced to chucking yesterday bringing home our (new to us) '11 Cyclone 3850.
I'm pulling with a '12 Dodge 3500 DRW with heavy tow package and a B&W Companion hitch.
I learned from B&W that the tightening sequence when installing the companion can make a big difference. I used a grease plate after reinstalling the Companion and between the 2 I found a noticable improvement.
After reading the experiences here I'm coming to the conclusion that there really is no definite answer since there are so many variables involved...ie tow vehicle, trailer, hitch, suspension on vehicle and trailer, etc.
I'm finding out very quickly that I have a lot to learn as an RV owner!

Hi NWILSON and welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Cyclone.

Hope you enjoy enjoy both...oh, and I see you are pulling it with a real truck. Like button.jpg