steadyfast stablizers

fljlcw

has any one seen or installed the steadyfast stablizers on their rig seen them at the good sam rally today cost less than jts and look stronger
steadyfast.com is their site
Fred#1073

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Fred,
I saw the Steadfast display when it pulled. I might have bought them if I had not already bought the Plug It Rights and installed them.
Oh well....

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Saw them at the Rally yesterday. They look kind of strange to me. Don't know how they work. I like our eliminators.

Cimriver

Just ordered mine. They should be installed next weekend. I have read many good reviews on them. I'll let you know how they do for me.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the SteadyFast system on our Elk Ridge. The front is rock solid, no wiggle when DH gets out of bed, and I'm a light sleeper. There is still some wiggle when one person is at one end of the rig and the other is at the other end, moving around. The manufacturer recommends adding a set of scissor jacks between the back landing gear and the wheels, and mounting the SteadyFast to that instead. Scissor jacks are apparently more stable than the standard jacks that come on our rigs. That said, the overall wiggle is GREATLY reduced. We also bought and cut the recommended wooden blocks made of pressure treated wood (two, 4x6x14 side-by-side under each foot) rather than plastic leveling blocks, which the SteadyFast feet cut into and were not as stable. The product is very well made (in America). The instructions are clear and fairly easy to follow. It will take two people to install, as there are measurements that need two people to make. We also had to make a minor adjustment to our gas line (add an elbow) so that the steadyfast bracket would not interfere with it.

We will see how well they hold up to straighline winds. Last month our trailer was forcably shoved off its blocks by some high winds and one of the landing gear broke. It is still at the dealer for repairs, so I am not sure if the SteadyFast was significantly damaged or not. I do know that the support arm did push a dent into the j-wrap as the leg broke. See this thread for the pic: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/23612-bent-landing-gear-thanks-to-straight-line-winds! We did not have the rear landing gear down. I don't think anything would have stopped this from happening.

Hope this helps!

Erika

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We now have Steadyfast on our Bighorn, after years of using JT Stabilizers on a TT and two fivers....we find that the Steadyfast works better...at least for us. I think it's because instead of coming from the center of the frame down to the feet with two smaller braces, Steadyfast has a longer "arm" that goes from the frame all the way down to the opposite foot...geometrically, it almost HAS to be more stable...JMHO! Plus only three locking knobs instead of six...don't have to crawl under the rig to lock.

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
I installed a Steadyfast system on our 3055 Bighorn about 1 1/2 years ago. My wife noticed the difference the very first night. This system does a good job for us. My brother-in-law installed it on his Bighorn and I have installed on a friends also. Everyone feels Steadfast does a good job and worth the price. I liked the installation instructions and how the parts are packaged. The company owner provided you with his cell and office number if you have any question while installing.

We had SteadyFast on our 28' bumper pull and loved them! Just got the set for the new Outback, which will be the Saturday project. After having used a set of SteadyFast, I wouldn't consider anything else-the name says it all!