1/2 Inch PEX Faucet Water Shutoff Valve

wdk450

Gang:
I have been doing some online research on this item this morning. None of the home improvement stores seem to stock these, but i did find this one from Sharkbite on the Ace Hardware website that you can order in to your local Ace store with free shipping. You ought to have at least one of these on your toilet fresh water line, and home building codes require these on all fresh water faucets:

thewanderingeight

When the fitting for my bathroom sink started leaking, I was able to find a Sharkbite hose that included a shutoff as part of the assembly. It was a bit pricey, but solved the issue and was available locally at Home Depot.

Luckily I caught the leak early since I have a water alarm under the sink. It was one of those leaks that only appeared after the hot water heater increased pressure in the lines.

wdk450

What I was looking for is a push-on "Sharkbite-Type" 1/2 inch PEX tubing on the inlet and outlet ends of the valve so that I could simply cut the existing PEX tubing feed to my faucets and insert the valve with no hassle.

taskswap

Every store's stock is a little different but for what it's worth I often find that Ace Hardware and Lowes have better plumbing supply stocks than Home Depot. I've definitely bought half-inch Shark-Bite valves there before...

SLO

What I was looking for is a push-on "Sharkbite-Type" 1/2 inch PEX tubing on the inlet and outlet ends of the valve so that I could simply cut the existing PEX tubing feed to my faucets and insert the valve with no hassle.

That’s good reasoning and I can’t disagree with doing it that way. Cost less and saves a step. I’m just used to residential and commercial plumbing so I like an angle stop or straight stop and brass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk