12V Ceiling lights dimming and brightening

Garypowell

I have been watching this thread for a while but am not any kind of 12 volt expert but your converter is acting just like mine did just before it died. I would recommend that you take a battery charger with you when you head out next time.

When mine died I simply used the battery charger until the replacement arrived.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have been watching this thread for a while but am not any kind of 12 volt expert but your converter is acting just like mine did just before it died. I would recommend that you take a battery charger with you when you head out next time.

When mine died I simply used the battery charger until the replacement arrived.
I just came back to this thread to say exactly the same thing.
Good call.

Peace
Dave

evolvingpowercat

One large amp draw is the trailer brakes and there is a breakaway switch that can tie 12 volts from the battery directly to the brake line, you might make sure your break away switch plunger is all the way in the housing in its normal position.

Another large amp draw might be a refrigerator if you have a tri-mode (110V, Propane, 12V) refrigerator and some how the refrigerator has been put into 12V only mode instead of auto mode, or perhaps its not getting 110V and not able to go to Propane so is operating on 12V.

eblansfield

I just wanted to give a final update to this thread. I appreciate all the advice you gave and I used it to finally narrow things down to the converter. I had it replaced and we didn't have any light fluctuations during our outing this past weekend. Yeah!

Thanks all,

Earl