12V Wiring Diagram Needed for Bighorn 3055RL 2011 for Installing Backup Camera

DRGalligher

Working on hooking up a wireless backup camera (Voyager that was highlighted in Trailer Life a couple of months ago). I've positioned the mount for the camera above the middle running light on the rear (the power for the camera comes from the running light when the lights are turned on in the truck). When I pulled off the middle running light and followed the wires to the power source, both wires are black. One wire goes to a white feed wire, which I think is positive, and the other wire runs to a red and white wire. Is the red and white wire negative? If not, which wire is the negative wire the camera is supposed to connect to? The camera only has two wires - a positive and negative, red and black. There's only so many wires in there, not an abundance, so it has to be one or the other. I'm using 22-18 gauge automotive quick splice connectors to pull the electrical feed from the wire. Unfortunately the step by step how to photos in the magazine and on-line for the sample RV do not match the coloring of the wires on the Bighorn.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would suggest that you get and use a digital multimeter if you don't already own one.
A multimeter is a valuable tool that everyone should have. It will tell you which wire is the neutral and the line voltage wire. It's a great trouble shooting tool.
If you use your multemeter, you may be able to search around and find a wire that is always hot. If you use that you will not have to have your lights on all the time to use the camera. Or you might try and run a wire from up front somewhere.
As far as the title of your thread goes, the answer is that there are no schematics available.

Peace
Dave

brianharrison

I just did this a couple of weeks back on my landmark. As has been said, the white wire with stripe is usually hot (+12V) and the pure white is ground. My pictures are at home on my computer (at work right now) and I'll post later.

Hope this helps.
BrianDSC03847.jpg

Last edited: