13 feet 3 inches of tree tearing height

jam20ster

Just had the same happen to my 4200 this summer. 44' roof cost $12,200 to replace. I would use a service only shop.

chiefneon

Howdy!

If I had to have that much roof repair I wood opt to have one one of the companies like RV Armor put a lifetime warranty roof on myself. They stated they will work with your insurance company on damage claims. If and when I need a new roof or damage repair I will diffently go with a lifetime warranty roof rather than a conventional RV roof.

http://RV-armor.com

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

rocrider50

Have you tried General RV? They now sell Heartland Landmark units.

They weren't interested since I just bought it new and not from them. They have the BEST service center around, bar none, at their Wixom location. They just didn't sell Cyclones.

- - - Updated - - -

Went and visited the local Camping world collision center. This location does not sell new or used RV's. They are quite a large service center and do a large business. Talked to Rich and he assured me it would be done right, he has 28 years at that location. They do much of the Detroit metro collision work (so he says), 8 large bays for collision only work, 4 filled with roof jobs. So I'm set, thanks for the advice but we will pull the unit there tomorrow.

HornedToad

I've had good experience with the Camping World in Lubbock. Just like any business they're only as good as the people running them, if he's been there 28 years he must be do in' things right!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cane.MBA

$40 for a gallon of flex seal, heck if it can turn a screen door into a boat it should be able to seal an RV roof! Just kidding, and I don't mean to make light of your situation, but if you need a temporary fix before a shop can get to it, it might be an option.

jeffdee

Be aware that any repairs with solvents in the mix will damage the rubber roof. I used Dicor non-leveling lap sealant in a caulking tube to make roof repairs on an old class c RV. It was very effective. My 3110 is 13' 3" high also. I did a lot of route preplanning in my rural home location looking for low branches. Being rural all the routes are 2 lane so some times I will travel against traffic to avoid tree branches. It is an awareness thing. After more than 3 years I do not have any scratches on the ac covers. Just have to be vigilant.
Good luck.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I found some scratches on our Prowler . . .

Wasn't sure where they came from as I've been very careful when driving through campgrounds.

ProwlerUtahKOA-P1020477.jpg

I found the culpret last week when I pulled the Prowler out to go get it weighed.

It was the tree in my neighbors yard which hangs out over the sidewalk and a few inches over the curb.

I caught it when I pulled it out of the side yard to park the trailer along the curb in front of the house.

rhodies1

A bit frustrated here

Does anyone know of a good dealer in Michigan that I could go too? Mine doesn't return my calls, all the service employees apparently quit and I'm at a loss where to go. Sales women that sold me the RV 4 weeks ago is zero help. Heartland just tells me to go to the dealer, round and round we go. It's too big to fix myself. Wishing I had bought something else, like a Forest river at least the General RV dealer would fix it.

Have you looked at Gillette RV in Michigan for your repair..just a thought

rocrider50

I found some scratches on our Prowler . . .

Wasn't sure where they came from as I've been very careful when driving through campgrounds.

View attachment 48519

I found the culpret last week when I pulled the Prowler out to go get it weighed.

It was the tree in my neighbors yard which hangs out over the sidewalk and a few inches over the curb.

I caught it when I pulled it out of the side yard to park the trailer along the curb in front of the house.

I hit a neighbors tree as well. I guess it was a big branch (8" dia) that was hanging at 12.5 ft, just high enough to clear the old 11' 6" tall trailer but not enough to clear the new 13' 3" beast. Anyone put a camera up there to monitor going in and out of new campsites?

sengli

Sounds like a good idea on the camera, but if a branch tears the AC off. Whats it going to do to a camera? I saw an add in trailer life about an radar based truck protection system, from giraffeg4.com Looks like a vertical beam is projected up from the system mounted up front of your truck. It then tells you how how the overhead is on a LED display. Not sure how well it would work on a branch, although they say it will see branches. Interesting idea though.

Bones

Sounds like a good idea on the camera, but if a branch tears the AC off. Whats it going to do to a camera? I saw an add in trailer life about an radar based truck protection system, from giraffeg4.com Looks like a vertical beam is projected up from the system mounted up front of your truck. It then tells you how how the overhead is on a LED display. Not sure how well it would work on a branch, although they say it will see branches. Interesting idea though.
Now that sounds like a cool idea

HornedToad

When I'm cruising through a neighborhood I look for the tree branches bottom cut flat by the delivery trucks, then I know I'm OK. Usually your safe on the arteries but will run into trouble when you pull down a residential street, I'll wait for oncoming traffic so I can drive down the center of the street.

So where did I tear my roof with a tree branch... in a campground. Go figure!!!

Bones

When I'm cruising through a neighborhood I look for the tree branches bottom cut flat by the delivery trucks, then I know I'm OK. Usually your safe on the arteries but will run into trouble when you pull down a residential street, I'll wait for oncoming traffic so I can drive down the center of the street.

So where did I tear my roof with a tree branch... in a campground. Go figure!!!
I have had a lot of campgrounds not trim their trees

rocrider50

I'm ordering one if I can find some feedback on the use. Looks promising.

rocrider50

Got the trailer back from Camping World of Bellville Mich and they did a great job fixing the roof. Rich and his team did a quality Job and were very courteous. Got up on the roof and everything was great. He even offered to inspect for free every year that I owned the camper. Now that's customer service.