16 Ford SD 6.7 & IBC settings for new Disc Brakes?

rjr6150

Had disc brakes installed after the Pueblo Rally. First tow they are amazing.
Question is what setting the majority finding ideal. Currently have the IBC set electric over hydraulic. Gain setting at medium with the #6 on gain. Appears to be ok.

RoadJunkie

There are many variables in setting up the brakes for the truck and rig. I run mine a little hotter on the controller, but if your feeling comfortable, then you’re set.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
‘12 SD. 15K BH. Gain is usually on 7. Back it off to 6 on wet roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Had disc brakes installed after the Pueblo Rally. First tow they are amazing.
Question is what setting the majority finding ideal. Currently have the IBC set electric over hydraulic. Gain setting at medium with the #6 on gain. Appears to be ok.

I have ours set on 6.5. I have played around with the settings off and on over the last 5K miles. One thing I have noticed is that at 7 and above the trailer brakes work so well it doesn't allow the pickup to downshift and help slow down during braking in tow/haul mode. I haven't come done a major grade yet to see if the setting needs to go up for that or not.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I have ours set on 6.5. I have played around with the settings off and on over the last 5K miles. One thing I have noticed is that at 7 and above the trailer brakes work so well it doesn't allow the pickup to downshift and help slow down during braking in tow/haul mode. I haven't come done a major grade yet to see if the setting needs to go up for that or not.

7 stops you in heartbeat if you’re really hard on the brakes. Experienced that a few weeks ago in a construction zone. Can’t say say what the SD was doing as I was concentrating on getting whoad up which we did!!!
I seldom use the brakes going downhill. I rely on the transmission and engine exhaust brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk