2005 landmark , monitoring center

sb6351

I am new to RVing and this forum. I will thank you in advance for information provided. I have the monitoring panel with four diagonal lines that give fresh, holding, grey one and grey two. the second one (holding) stays at full all the time. I need clarification if this is the black tank sensors. it marks full all the time. Please let me know.

jimtoo

Hi sb6351,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our members will jump in with some info for you soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.
Jim M
Thread moved to better area.

jbeletti

Hello sb6351 and welcome to the forum.

Yes, "holding" would be your black tank. The sensor in the tank is likely fouled. While it's an industry standard system, it's not that great. It's possible, but unlikely you'll get the sensor to read correctly.

Most of the time, RVers wait for the black (holding) tank to tell them when it's time to dump it. Often, there's a burp that happens when flushing the commode when it's time to empty. Other times, your nose may tell you.

For those of us who travel often, we dump more on a timed basis, the morning it's time to hit the road.

I see you're from Lubbock. That places you in our West Texas Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club. This chapter has a rally coming up in Abilene on March 16th. Consider joining the group there. Not a better way to learn more about your Heartland RV. Here's a link to more information.

Consider also joining the Heartland Owners Club. It's fast and free! Here's a link for more information.

wdk450

You might want to check out the Water Systems Guide on this website in the Manuals section. I will give you a link, but you can always get to all of the manuals in the library by clicking on the "Tools" tab at the top of any forum page, then on the "Manuals" tab, then on to the menus and sub menus for the library. There is LOADS of info there, much of it from hard-learned experience of your fellow Heartlanders.

Another way to learn from other Heartlanders experiences is to use the Search bar at the top right of every forum page, to search previous forum posts on your topic of interest.

Here is the direct link to the Water Systems Manual:
https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/User Guides/Water Systems Guide V1.1.pdf