2006 Heartland Owners Rally Registration begins...

jbeletti

UPDATE... 2006 Heartland Owners Rally Registration begins...

2006 Rally Update

Hi everyone. Just wanted to give a rally update with some stats.

As of November 20, we have:

• 9 Rally Commitments
  • 8 Rally Registrations and Payments Recieved
  • 1 Payment made using Pay Pal
  • 5 Landmarks and 4 Bighorn
  • 6 States represented (all east of the Mississippi)

On the Site Map page (link below), I have now added a table showing by username, whos is on which site. I have also added a US map showing with location markers showing where the participants are coming from.

Next, I will be working to add more volunteer opportunities and fine-tuning the ones listed now. Note that Check-in table is now Check-in Table/RV Parking. Each rally is responsible for showing their participants their site and assisting them in parking. So I've added RV Parking to the responsibility of Check-in. I figure if we can get couples signed up to do this, they can split up as needed - one running the table and the other doing the parking.

On edit (12/25): Rally Fees
I've heard form a few people that my rally fees are not clear. Looking at all of my pages on it, I agree. I have the fees in several placves but only explain the differences in one place. Sorry about that. Here's an explanation:
$110 1 RV and 2 people
$135 1 RV and 3 people
$160 1 RV and 4 people

Online payments are $4 more to cover my fees from Paypal.

Refunds may be requested prior to May 1st and will be made less $10.

Email, PM or post if anyone has more questions about the fees. Thanks,

Jim

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi folks,

We are now ready to begin accepting rally registrations. But first a recap.

The 2006 Heartland Owners Rally will be held June 1 - 4, 2006 at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds in Goshen, IN.

Planned rally activities and events can be found and will be updated on the Agenda page (link below).

Registration is by mail. Registration payments can be made by mail or online.

Specific camp sites can be requested on registration form.

Rally Volunteers are being sought (see volunteer page link below)

Space will be limited to 30 Heartland RV units in the space we have reserved. Please register early. Overflow sites may be available elsewhere on the Fairgrounds property.

Please visit all of the Rally pages below and PM me on the forum, phone (574-333-1153) or email Jim Beletti with any questions.

Links:

Looking forward to meeting many of you in 2006!

Jim Beletti

Last edited:

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi Jim
My wife and I have a couple of questions concerning the Rally. Are we allowed to bring pets to the fairground, and if something comes up so that we have to cancel, can we get a refund? Thanks.

jbeletti

fireflipper,

Great question. The answer is yes, pets are welcome. I spoke to the Fairgrounds this morning to confirm this. As usualy, they need to be leashed and picked up after. We'll be bringing our two Yorkies. We never RV without them.

By the way, I have added an FAQ page for the Rally. As I get some great questions asked, I will post the Q&A on the FAQ page.

Thanks,

Jim

On edit, answer to fireflipper's second question: Yes, you may cancel prior to May 1st and receive a refund less $10.

Last edited:

J-W&E

Hi Jim,

You did a very nice job planning the agenda. It should be a great time and we are looking forward to meeting other Heartland owners.
Our registration form was mailed this morning. See you all there.

jbeletti

Thanks Jim and Wilma. Still fine-tuning things. Looking forward to nailing down vendor seminars, location for Amish dinner, theme for dinner and entertainment. Other details etc.

I added a registration update on the registration page. As of this post, we have 3 commitments and 2 payments received.

Look forward to meeting you.

Jim

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Jim, fastastic job of not only pulling this together, but on the professional look of this thread.

We will be submitting our reservation this week.

Thanks

Chuck

jbeletti

Thanks Chuck. Maybe the better look of this thread will make up for the horrid look of my email. Guess I can't use all those PHP tags in mass email. Live and learn. Look forward to getting your registration and meeting you. Take care.

Jim

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
My reservation and check went in the mail yesterday. See you there! We are looking forward to meeting everyone.
Phil

jbeletti

Thanks Chuck and Saundra - I'm looking forward to meeting you guys. I'll confirm your registration and site as soon as I get your mail.

Jim

BluegrassMan

Would "like" to attend, but...

Hi Jim and Everyone :

I keep coming to this part of the forum and read who all is going to come. I think it will really be nice to see you all. Here is the catch for me, There is a HUGE East coast Street Rod event in York, PA. 2nd largest in the nation. I've been attending that for almost 20 years, and it's only and hour from home.

But I can't be both places on the same weekend. Maybe at another time, I hope.

Denny:(

arisce

Ours went out in yesterday's mail. We reserved #411. So far we are the only ones from Canada. We are located on the South Shore of Montreal,Quebec. See you there.
Wishing you all a Joyeux Noel.

P.S. We put in the 110$ US. What are the 135$ and 160$ US? Just curious!

Last edited:

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
It appears that there is an extra $25 per person over two people.

Look forward to seeing you in June. We should be able to get some tips for touring Quebec from you. I did stay in a KOA just south of Montreal several years ago. Montreal is such a beautiful city.

Paul & Nan

Rally

Jim-seems like we need better participation in the rally. For a starter, how about trying to get the word out to dealers so they can let current/new owners know. Seems as if there has to be some way to let more folks know about this so it is worth the effort. Nan

slaytop

Jim,
I'm sending you my registration today. Please reserve a site for my wife and I. We are looking forward to meeting you and other owners.

jbeletti

Rally Update for 13-Apr: We're Sold Out

Hi all,

I just wanted to give a quick update on the 2006 Heartland Owners Rally.

As of tonight, we are sold-out and I have disabled the registration and payment links on the rally site.

I went modest this first rally by reserving only 30 sites. Should this rally prove successful and popular, we can consider even more sites for subsequent rallies.

The National African American RVers Association (NAARVA) has their regional rally the same dates as we do this year. They will be using the remaining spaces at the 4H Fairgrounds.

There is a chance that we may be able to get a couple over-flow spaces elsewhere on the property if we need it. I am waiting to hear back from the Fairgrounds on that.

Thank you to all who have registered and to all who have volunteered.

I have posted an update to the agenda on the rally site at this link. This agenda will be emailed to the rally attendees in a few days.

Attendees will receive a rally packet upon check-in at the rally. I may push other information out via email prior to the rally. By all means, email, PM or call (574-333-1153) me if you have any questions about the rally.

I will be re-reading emails from those who have volunteered to help with various aspects of the rally. I will then be organizing the volunteer opportunities and matching them up with volunteers. The volunteer page on the rally site will be updated and I will reach out to other attendees if I need additional help.

Thanks all,

Jim

Last edited:

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
Great job Jim!! This is going to be a great time along with meeting all the owners of Heartland 5th wheel coaches. We are looking forward to learning new ideas and enjoying the good food. See ya!! Evans & Lana

jbeletti

Automatic Truck Wash in Elkhart - fits your dually

Last time I was in Elkhart, I asked around for car washes that could fit an RV. Someone sent me over to Hose and Go on CR-19. Their sign says "RVs and Trailers Welcome".

I ended up speaking to Steve Lotsbaich, the owner. Turns out that for 5th wheels, their lot will not support the turn radius we need.

But the good news is that his automatic stalls will fit dually trucks! The wash system has a laser sighting system that is used to set the wash up for a given vehicle. I tried it and I have to say that the top wash at $10 did a great job on the truck. It's touchless so don't expect the same quality a hand scrubed wash would deliver. But heck, for 5 minutes of your time from $6 to $10, not bad at all.

Below is an image of Steve's website and above is a link to it.

The street address is 2623 South Nappanee (CR-19) in Elkhart, IN 46517

After setting up your trailer on Thursday, if you have time and need it, head on up to Elkhart for a wash. By the way, Camping World is on the way, just a couple blocks south of the car wash on Nappanee (CR-19).

Jim

//heartlandowners.org/rally/truck_wash.jpg

jbeletti

A single rally site is available as of 17-Apr

Due to a recent cancellation, a rally site has opened up. If you are interested in attending this first-ever Heartland Owners Rally, please PM or Email me.

Thank you,

Jim Beletti