2008 F350 6.4l

deee2

Well, PMM.... and Im sure it's your fault somehow... but yesterday he bought another $350. Just misc for the RV like a flush king, some sort of sewer thingie so we can empty the black tank at home. It uses 3/4 inch hose instead of the 3 inch hose. And a doogoodie for teh screen door that lets you open it without sliding that little window open. I do read on here, you all cost us money but I must admit it's sort of fun spending it. I gotta stop reading I guess! LOL

Donna :)

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I too suffer from poor mileage from the DPF on my 6.4. I tried the Hypertech which supports towing even on the high level (114 hp). While the power was incredibly fun, I did not gain fuel mileage. I returned it for a full refund after installng the factory program and added a 4" filter back exhaust kit. This gave me 1 1/2-2 more miles per gallon 16-17 without towing. I just installed an AFE dry flow filter as the intake already pulls outside air. I hope to see another gain. The 6.4 has plenty of factory power without the programer and the filter/exhaust combo adds a little extra too. I have owned them all and I prefer the Superduty over all of the others. I have never been cursed with a lemon so far.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I install the AFE air intake at around 500 miles. a couple of days ago, at around 3500 miles, the check engine light came on. Dealer says there's a Service Bulletin out specifically referencing issues between the Mass
Flow Air Sensor and aftermarket intake kits and the codes I was showing were the ones reflected in the bullein. Said it won't hurt anything and they're not considering it a warranty issue, but said it would probably keep occurri ng as long as I ran the aftermarket intake. They rest the check engine light, but it came back on today. Guess it's back to the stock intake.

deee2

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the after stock purchases. We were considering some but DH has decided to leave it as it is for now. Sort of dreaming about an extra fuel tank though.

Donna :eek:

rjr6150

Those that have a job 1 and I believe Job 2. Have you had the 08B06 radiator update installed and there is another one 08B07 for the DPF and message center currently on hold. I had to 08B06 installed last week. These are both customer satisfaction programs which will expire I believe 1/31/09

randes

I have an 08 6.4L PSD and want to start changing my own oil. I'm tired of paying $100+ to a dealer. Where is a good place to find oil and filter? Also I noticed that the dealer charges for a gasket, is anyone familiar with these parts?

RVCamper

Just keep in mind that Ford filters and oil really do make a difference

Just keep in mind that Ford filters and oil really do make a difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm3mOhQRqr4#

This is a buddy of mine who is narrating this. He is a retired Ford field guy, now working for International.

If you do do it yourself, keep really good records, and keep the receipts.

For me it is cheap insurance, cause if the dealer breaks it, they buy it, not you. Plus getting rid of the oil to me is not worth the hassel.

christianson

I'am a retired Ford mechanic I have Ford dealer change my oil all the time they register it back to Ford so you have a record of maintanence done on your truck helpful if you have a problem also may help if you are out of warrentie to get a goodwill jester

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
I have an 08 6.4L PSD and want to start changing my own oil. I'm tired of paying $100+ to a dealer. Where is a good place to find oil and filter? Also I noticed that the dealer charges for a gasket, is anyone familiar with these parts?

Only about $13 of that is labor.

I got tired of being gouged on prices for their oil and filters so I was picking up the Rotella and Motocraft filter at Walmart and then going to the dealer for the oil change. That would save me about $30.... $20 of the savings was on the exact same filter alone.

I'm more than happy to pay them $13 in labor