2008 Southeast Region Heartland Owners Rally

Join us for the third annual Southeast Regional Rally. Here are the details:

When: October 3 - October 5, 2008
Where: Willowtree RV Resort - Myrtle Beach (Longs), South Carolina USA
Cost: $0 - Site fees only
# of Sites: 25 sites have been set aside for this rally
Register: [reserve your site now with Willowtree]
Wagon master: Gary Fowler

This third annual rally will be held October 3 through October 5, 2008. Once again, this rally will be held at Willowtree RV Resort in Longs, SC, near Myrtle Beach. At this time, we have 25 sites set aside for this rally.

This is a growing rally. About a half dozen rigs attended the first rally in 2006. In 2007, we had 13 rigs. For 2008, we're planning for 25 rigs. You may begin to make your reservations with Willowtree right now. By June or so, we'll have a sign-up sheet linked on this page that we'll ask everyone to complete, who has made a reservation with Willowtree.

There will not be rally fee to attend. You will be on your own to make site reservations and you will be responsible for your own site fees.

Plan to join us for the third annual International Heartland Owners Rally in 2008.

Last edited:

jcd8822

Joseph
2008 Southeast Regional Rally

We signed up for 2008 before we left the 2007 rally, as did Kathy and Connie. We look forward to seeing everyone again next year.

Joseph

jcd8822

Joseph
The 2007 rally was really great. We loved Willow Tree Resort, it is a beautiful place. We could not get over the size of the sites and the distance between each site. This is the only way to go.

Joseph

jbeletti

Wow - sounds good Joseph. So that's two of 25 sites already sold. We're on a roll and a year in advance to boot.

In the next few months, I'll be creating an online form for attendees to fill-out so we can capture personal data from each for rally planning (site numbers, shirt sizes, names, arrival dates etc.).

Jim

racermom

Jim,

I have been looking at the website and this looks like a really nice place. You mention that there is 25 reserved spots already. Can you tell me where those spots are located. I was looking at the site map and that place is huge, just trying to get a general idea.

This rally is closer to home for us, est 5-7 ours away. We may have to make this rally a firm one in our book for next year.

jbeletti

I believe we have 66-91. Site map here.

Yes, this place is awesome. Wish we had an oasis like this in the Midwest.

Hope to see you in 2008!

Jim

Last edited:

BJ'sDad

Just an FYI, site 83 is not available for next years rally.

The couple that were on that site this year already have it reserved for next season as well. They come in at the beginning of Oct and stay till April.
He said the only way he'd change sites is if Willow Tree does build the restroom/bathhouse they had originally planned to build in the empty space they have between 83 and 84.

jbeletti

Thanks Keith. Now my math works out right! I incorrectly listed 69-91 when it should have been 66-91. Which is 26 sites. Back-out site 83 and we arrive at our 25 sites. Sounds right anyway.

Jim

troybilt71

i am new to the rally events of rving. did i miss where the calander of events for this rally is located? i would like to join, but i need to know the schedule so i can plan my days off. any info would be great. thanks

jbeletti

Hi troybilt,

Please take a look at post # 1 in this thread for the details. Contact Willow Tree to make your reservations. Gary Fowler is in the process of final planning for the rally agenda and he'll post that soon. Don't wait for it though - make your reservations today!

Chapter rallies are typically weekend events that are fairly laid back with a loose structure. A time for gathering with other Heartlanders in a relaxed setting to share, care, learn and have a nice time.

The Calendar of Events of record would be the main page of the portal.

Join us for the fun!

Jim

troybilt71

just signed up. my wife and i will be there on thursday the 2nd. if you need any help with anything we will be glad to do so.

jbeletti

Pictures posted on H.O.G for 2008 Fall Myrtle Beach, SC Rally

Phil posted them on H.O.G. on 7-Oct (link).

Jim