2009 2900mk AV Quesition

floridarandy

I've always been a bit of an audio/video geek so here are my questions:

1. what are the wiring diagrams for the jensen "stereo" that's included, i.e., what is fed from the installed location. i know there are speakers in the "LR", "BR", and external so i assume they're all fed from behind the jensen?

2. i assume the video wire that's laying in the open space to the left of the "stereo" allows video and audio to be played thru the tv?

3. If i replace the "jensen stereo" will i find feeds for speakers behind the unit? what guage wire is fed from behind the "stereo" to the speakers?

4. I assume the antennal is fed to the jensen stereo?

5. i assume bedroom tv is fed with antenna only so speakers in bedroom are fed from
stereo in living room?

6. if i replace stereo and "empty" space to the left can i cut the divider between them, structurally, below the tv, and install a bigger "stereo in teh width available...with the dvd above by the tv, or below in the shelf in the shelf below the tv behind the
"doors"

my basic idea is to feed better speakers to the bedroom and and outside and a component "speaker bar" below the tv for the living room.

the bottom line is that i want the best fidelity the living room and outside. don't care so much for bedroom. in fact, i expect that bedroom tv will play thru its own speakers without regard to preinstalled speakers in roof.

anyone with compatible ideas are welcome.

?

grizzlygiant

I can't answer any of your questions but I have wondered what is the function of the double female jack and the single male plug located in the space to the left of the Jensen.

Duramax1

I can't answer any of your questions but I have wondered what is the function of the double female jack and the single male plug located in the space to the left of the Jensen.

I have a 2900MK which has a similar number of plugs in the wall next to the Jensen.

At least in my instance, the double plugs are audio connections which wires come from the factory already plugged into the Jensen while the third plug is a video connection which wire is sitting inside the Jensen compartment and which can be routed up and plugged into a Television set.

These connections allow you to connect a video camera using the tv as video and the Jensen as the sound system

D

Dave Willis

If the stereo doesn't have a DVD player, then it is for the DVD player. If the stereo has the DVD player then they are an X-Box, play station, game boy etc.

Thanks,