TV

What do you do to watch TV? Rainy Sunday and no stores are open. There's no cable here, and no wifi . Firestick won't work, and I don't want to pay$50 just for a weekend. Dish playmaker is also very expensive. Any suggestions?
How do the speakers work? We've never heard any speakers up in the bedroom from the TV or stereo.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on your floor plan their should be two switches in the bedroom for the speakers.
My 2011 model 3585 has them near the front closet.

Peace
Dave

Bogie

We have Direct TV at home and travel with a receiver and a Winegard portable satellite dish.

Speakers in the bedroom do not work off the TV. They are wired to the stereo. You will have to consult the manual for whatever stereo you have to find out how to turn the remote speakers on/off .

If you are in an area that can receive over the air TV signals, you may have to move the direction that your TV antenna points (unless you have an omnidirectional antenna.) You can find the best direction for TV signals on the tvfool.com web site. On the Tools tab, look under "check your address for free TV" then below click on '">>click here<<" . Put in your location and it will present a TV signal map for your area and the best direction to point the antenna.

Then you need to make sure you turn on the antenna booster amplifier. It can usually be found at one of the cable connection nface plates. Either the main TV or the bedrooom TV. Look for a very small button that when depressed turns on an led light next to the button. Just remember that if you are attaching a cable from the park, the booster has to be turned off.

Hope that helps.

Th as nk
We have Direct TV at home and travel with a receiver and a Winegard portable satellite dish.

Speakers in the bedroom do not work off the TV. They are wired to the stereo. You will have to consult the manual for whatever stereo you have to find out how to turn the remote speakers on/off .

If you are in an area that can receive over the air TV signals, you may have to move the direction that your TV antenna points (unless you have an omnidirectional antenna.) You can find the best direction for TV signals on the tvfool.com web site. On the Tools tab, look under "check your address for free TV" then below click on '">>click here<<" . Put in your location and it will present a TV signal map for your area and the best direction to point the antenna.

Then you need to make sure you turn on the antenna booster amplifier. It can usually be found at one of the cable connection nface plates. Either the main TV or the bedrooom TV. Look for a very small button that when depressed turns on an led light next to the button. Just remember that if you are attaching a cable from the park, the booster has to be turned off.

Hope that helps

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned in another post those speakers work with the surround system. Your TV might be wired to the system. Sometimes yes sometimes not.

Peace
Dave

Dahillbilly

Have DISH at homefor anothe $5 a month we use a Tailgater antenna & Dish Wally reciever we get the same programs as at home

wdk450

How often do you RV? This dictates what you are willing to spend on RV tv.
Most streaming requires broadband internet, and the park provided stuff has smaller data use limitations. You can get HBO and AppleTV programming through your cellphone internet, but I am fuzzy about getting this onto a big TV screen.
I fulltime and use Dish Network, although my 200 channel package costs me about $130 a month now. I use a tripod dish that I aim on setup that works with my dual tuner receiver. I looked at the San Diego Craigslist this morning and found this new in box Tailgaiter antenna system for only $100, although my receiver is not compatible with this antenna.

On your speakers issue, is your trailer fairly new?? There have been all sorts of Audio Visual Systems wiring problems reported by new unit owners on this forum. There seems to be little or no quality assurance checks of these systems at the factory. This may be a warranty issue.