2010 Ford F-250 King Ranch with 6,400mi found on road dead....

Status
Not open for further replies.

6.7powerstroke

Sure. Fiat owns Chrysler/Dodge/Ram. As for bailout money, there is a big difference between borrowing money in the open market, taking on debt and repaying it compared with putting out your greasy palm for free govt money that STILL has not been paid back. $12,200 of tax payer money PER GM vehicle sold. Works out to $800 per tax payer to subsidize them. They filed Chapter 11 and put half of their suppliers out of business because they didn't have to pay the bill. Apparently, the rest of America feels the same way too, Ford sales have been going through the roof and they now acocunt for over 50% of the HD truck market. They absolutely were going down the tubes, but they righted the ship with superior products and great management, not sticking others with the bill.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I agree on the Good Sam's ERS (Emergency Road Service). I will not travel without it. Not only will they change your flat but will tow you and your 5er in the event of a breakdown. I found that out first hand when the engine blew in my 99 F350 7.3. My truck was towed to a Ford dealer and the RV towed to an RV park of my chosing close by (about 35 miles away). Great service from Good Sam ERS. BTW they have changed flats for me 3 times.

lwmcguir

Sure. Fiat owns Chrysler/Dodge/Ram. As for bailout money, there is a big difference between borrowing money in the open market, taking on debt and repaying it compared with putting out your greasy palm for free govt money that STILL has not been paid back. $12,200 of tax payer money PER GM vehicle sold. Works out to $800 per tax payer to subsidize them. They filed Chapter 11 and put half of their suppliers out of business because they didn't have to pay the bill. Apparently, the rest of America feels the same way too, Ford sales have been going through the roof and they now acocunt for over 50% of the HD truck market. They absolutely were going down the tubes, but they righted the ship with superior products and great management, not sticking others with the bill.

This is a fact whether you like Ford's or not. Look at the shape we are in. Going to try to inflate our way out of it. Hang on.

Moose

Fiat now owns 20 percent of Chrysler, and it can raise its stake to 35 percent by meeting three conditions. The first is U.S. sales of its Fiat 500 mini-car, which will start by the end of this year; others include the start of production of more fuel-efficient vehicles.
At present, the trust that provides health care to retired former Chrysler workers who are United Auto Workers members holds two-thirds of the company. The U.S. and Canadian governments together own 12.4 percent of Chrysler.

As for the bailouts, would you prefer the employees of the automakers and supply chains were on the welfare rolls and unable to support their families and Communities?

I would gladly give them $800 as a hand up! Small price to pay in the big picture at least for me.

6.7powerstroke

Nope. I wouldn't give them a penny. Just like they did to all of their suppliers when they filed Chapter 11 and stuck them with the bills. They burned through billions of dollars and screwed us all through the 80s when they built crappy products. Go blow all of your money and see if the government gives you 2 cents. They are in the same category as all the banks that stuck it to us for years, and then cried to Uncle O for money with which they paid themselves bonuses. Nardelli who ran Chrysler was the biggest clown of all of them. After he ruined Home Depot and took his 200m severance package he took a shot at Chrysler. The whole thing is pathetic. Can't keep printing more money. If companies can't compete they go away. It is the way it works. When milk is $7 a gallon maybe people will realize the debt we are saddling our children with.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Ok Ford supporters do a little research before you say to much. get off the internet and do some real research on how much Government grant money Ford was given during the bail out. Money that Ford doesnt have to repay. You may want to retract some of your statements about GM and DOdge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.