2011 Axle problems

reco

Hi
I'am thinking of purchasing a 2011 Northtrail NT28BRS and saw on a form people having troubles with axles but don't know what models are affected. There are a lot of people with the same troubles and Heartland or the axle manufacturer will not do anything about it.Any words on what to do.

GOTTOYS

Heartland does not build axles. They are supplied through Dexter or Lippert in most cases. Almost all trailer manufactures use the same axles. They are under warranty from the axle manufacturers and from what I have seen on this forum, they are being taken care of. Often it is an alignment issue which can easily be adjusted. If you are thinking of purchasing one, ask your dealer what is covered...Should not be a problem in any way...DON

Manzan

Dealer replaced one axle under warranty, did not like what they saw and replaced the other without my complaint (other than the first). Sure taking good care of me. I don't know which brand of axle, will ask when I get the trailer back.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
There are a lot of people with the same troubles and Heartland or the axle manufacturer will not do anything about it.Any words on what to do.
What are you basing this on? Doesn't sound like personal experience so let me just say being an owner of a Heartland that the few dealings I''ve had with customer service were exceptional.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
reco, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. Please keep in mind that forums like these are where people discuss problems. It's where everyone goes to discuss problems so naturally you are going to see that more so than anything else.
GOTTOYS said it well, most towable manufacturers use either Lippert or Dexter axles. I believe Heartland uses both/either depending on the trailer type. Try considering how many thousands of trailers are sold and on the road. Now compare that to the number of issues you see here. Not that every problem is posted but it's still a very small percentage of problems compared to the number of trailers sold.

Another thing to consider is how great our roads are. These axles take a beating for sure.

reco

Hi Thanks to everyone for the coments. I will before I buy the trailer (this is a new trailer) will ask the dealer to check out the axles and bearings and give me peace of mind . If they can prove they did the check and anything would go wrong they can't say anything right.