2011 Bighorn 3670 - experiencing some problems

labbysmom

Greetings All,
Our BH is only 4 months old and suddenly we've had a slide issue. The slides don't always come in all the way so we have to try again which works. Then when we are towing, they seem to come out a wee bit. Any suggestions?

We were up in Merrit this weekend and our fridge was way too warm. During the heat of the day and not many openings, we held steady at 43 Fahrenheit. Definitely not a safe temperature. Any suggestions?

Thank you all

HowardBJr

HowardBJr
We were having problems keeping the temperature down when it was hot on our new Augusta (same floor plan as the BH 3670). The temperature would climb from about 39 in the morning to 53 in the heat of the day and we had it set to 5 (Max cooling). It turned out that the white drain hose was so long that it had a loop in it which kept it from draining. Once I took the loop out I had no problems keeping the temperature down even during the heat of the day. You will find the drain hose by pulling the cover off of exterior wall.

Rickhansen

It turned out that the white drain hose was so long that it had a loop in it which kept it from draining. Once I took the loop out I had no problems keeping the temperature down even during the heat of the day.

HowardBJr, I certainly wouldn't argue with your observations, but I don't think that the condensate drain could have anything to do with your fridge temperatures.

wdk450

Howard:
If you search the term "refrigerator" on the forum, you will find that there have been many problems recently, and installation design might be suspect. I would contact Heartland service and use your warranty.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
LABBYSMOM;
Here are my experiences. We too had cooling problems with refrig. We have found a couple of fixes and suggestions. First off when I talked to an RV refrigeration expert, he knew problem and suggested to have someone install extra fans. From my experimentation I found if I placed the kit slide out of direct sunlight in afternoon it helped dramatically. Also I bought 2 small refrig fans from CW to help circulate cool air inside. They run off batteries and have good battery life.

Mickey

sdagro

We had a baffle installed in the rear/behind fridge. This in addition to adding 2 more fans to circulate the air behind fridge and adding a fan in fridge, we are holding at around 33 degrees. Go to EBAY and search RV fridge fans. They are about $15.00 including shipping and hook up to the always hot side of the inside light. NO BATTERIES. Mine works great. Good luck

GaryL

I've also heard an awning on that side of the rig works wonders in keeping direct sunlight from beating off the side keeping the temps down somewhat.